Hide!

It was a practice match with Nohebi on the day Kuroo almost died.

Kuroo ran into the Nekoma gym and stopped. He bent over, hands on his knees, and panted. He dragged himself to Coach Nekomata.

"Coach, I need you to do me a favor." -Kuroo

"What is it?"

"Tsuki's dad is super overprotective and kinda found out we are dating. So he coming here and I like breathing. Also Tsukishima told me to hide since he will kill me."

"How bad could he be?" -Daishou

Just then the school speakers came on.

"Will Kuroo Tetsurou please come to the office."

They heard footsteps on the gravel. Kuroo bolted to a storage room and hide just as the gym doors opened. If Nekoma wasn't convinced Tsukishima's dad would kill Kuroo, they were sure he would now.

He was taller than Lev, a little less bulky than Bokuto but just as strong, had a look that screamed you will die, and had a rough and harsh voice.

"Where is Kuroo Tetsurou."

It wasn't a question, it was a demand. A demand that Nekomata wouldn't respond too.

"Kuroo has headed out for the day. He was getting a fever and I sent him home."

Tsukishkma's dad scanned the gym. As he did, both Nohebi and Bekoma panicked. Numai and Yamamoto latched onto each other and were shaking. Hiro and Sakishima hid behind Lev who was almost crying. In short, everyone latched onto someone, not caring who. Except poor Shibayama who stood frozen in fear alone.

Tsukishima's dad noticed.

He walked over to Shibayama and had to cram his head almost all the way down. Shibayama was on the verge of crying.

"Is this true? That Kuroo left."

Shibayama was about to break and say 'Kuroo is in the closet.' He didn't want to die. But before he could, someone stepped up behind him. Kuguri set a hand on his shoulder and stared directly into Tsukishima's dad's cold eyes.

"It was pretty pathetic actually. But yes, he was set home."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

Tsukshima's dad paused, making sure. He then left. When he did, everyone collapsed. They were shaking and babbling. Shibayama was crying into Kuguri's chest.

They waited and Kuroo eventually came out of the closet. Everyone, including Daishu, was relieved that he wasn't dead.

A/N: there is a fic on ao3 that is Kuroo and Tsukishima to the song Hayloft. If you don't know the song, the summary is:

In hindsight, he really should have expected waking up to the gun in his face.

If that isn't a good summary, idk what is.