Chapter 16: Jealousy Rears Its Ugly Head

Start from the beginning

"Oh shut up Deku! I'm just jumpy, that's all!" Katsuki yelled back, grabbing the remote and flicking through the TV to find something good to watch.

"Why? Are you on edge all the time?" Eri replied, asking him genuinely 

"Eri! Don't ask about his time with Camie like that, none of us need to know" Mirio said in an over-the-top voice, only for Katsuki to go bright red out of embarrassment.

"And that Mirio is why you're single" Izuku said apathetically, waiting for the popcorn to pop.

"Uh no, I'm single because of my crippling stress and alcoholism, which is how I cope" Mirio replied, mostly joking.

"Mirio, you okay?" Izuku said, walking behind the trio on the sofa and putting a hand atop his shoulder, being serious for once.

"I'm fine Izuku, seriously, it's just that this is my last year, but I'm good." Mirio replied, with an unwavering smile on his face, as Izuku sat down next to Eri on a separate chair he bought from the dining table and saw that Kaachan had picked a comedic- documentary series hosted by Keigo Takami, stage name "Hawks", due to his scholarly work with birdlife.

"Oh this should be good, Takami's a funny guy, sorry, 'Hawks' is a funny guy" Izuku said, chuckling a bit.

"Shut up nerd, it's starting" Katsuki replied, fanboying hard over the young comedian.

"Yeah yeah, anyways the popcorn's done" Izuku replied, standing up to get the popcorn, as a single question entered his mind:
"I wonder what Ochako and the others are doing?" Izuku asked in his head, as his mind wandered...

Meanwhile, the girls were still in the car, sitting straight so that they didn't ruin their dresses.
"So what are we going to do?" Ochako asked, with everyone on their phones for the first part of the journey, and wanting to have some conversation.

"Well I was thinking we would go and have some fun at a private karaoke place, and if we're still hungry we can go to a Matsuya that's nearby." Nejire replied, focusing on the road whilst she drove.

(A/N: If anyone has any song suggestions for the next chapter, then I'll put the lyrics in, as long as it isn't gonna get me banned from Wattpad.)

"That sounds nice, we won't be seen by a bunch of creepy guys at the karaoke at least" Ochako said, sighing a bit.

"So that's where your mind goes, interesting" Camie said with a grin, turning her neck to the left, since Ochako was in the left seat at the back, with Himiko in front of her.

"So Ochako, does this mean you're not looking for anyone?" Himiko asked, not caring at all if it was a personal topic, and not having any tact when asking about it.

Ochako was rendered a blushing mess because of this, her conflicting feelings for Izuku invading her mind, as she looked down, "That's right, I did just move here after all" Ochako said, her smile fading slightly, as Camie cringed slightly from Himiko's invasiveness, as Nejire tried not to sigh and ruin the mood any further, but she didn't need to worry, since Himiko was already on it.

"Oh that's good, I thought you had a crush on Izu or something!" Himiko replied, laughing a bit, as Ochako looked up at the back of her head, able to see a reflection of her face from the front mirror that she pulled down.

"Why is that good?" Ochako asked, a bit suspicious, trying to hide her jealousy, as the mood shifted, the tension in the car made it feel a lot smaller than it was, as Camie and Nejire's eyes widened, able to perceive the danger of this conversation, but neither of them could think of something to say.

"Well I kind of like Izu, he's just so cute y'know?! Plus he's gonna be a therapist and be helping people, so that's really cool! So if you liked him then it would be weird when we started to go out" Himiko said with pure confidence, as Nejire gripped the steering wheel as tight as possible, trying not to slap the stupidity out of her cousin, and she wondered if she was drunk with the way she was talking.