◥Chapter 4 - Visions◣

"Okay, and found. I have just marked its location and possible routes on your maps."  From the Commandant's point of view, a hologram of a blonde woman was giving Gray Raven the full details of their next objective. "You will need to pass through a shopping arcade. Be aware that there will be a line of Corrupted defense afterward. It might be dangerous to break through it, but I believe in your squad." She said with hope.

"Roger. Thank you for the intel." Lucia thanked the blonde woman.

"We are currently in full function with no present problems at all. But just in case, we have a 'backup' plan in the case of emergencies." Lee added.

"Then this call can end here. Good luck, and I wish your mission a success. Return safely, Gray Raven. Celica out." And with just that, the hologram of Celica disappears.

"...you can come out of stealth mode now." Liv motioned to a small space behind her.

Behind her, a fizzing of a stealth camo suddenly fazes out of nowhere before disappearing completely. And as the sparks die down, Beta appears, donning a casual look under his hood.

"..." He said nothing as he just brushes off their looks toward him.

"...anyway. Lucia, should we plan or prepare for battle now?" Lee looked to the construct in question.

But as he did, Lucia was spacing out, staring blankly into space as if thinking of something.

"Lucia?" Lee tapped her, which catches her out of her trance.

"O-Oh. Sorry, I must have blanked out." She waved him down with a bit of an embarrassed flush. "Yes, let us prepare here first."

"..." Lee, Liv, the Commandant, and even Beta gave her a weird look.

"Lucia, if you don't mind, what's bothering you?" Liv checked up on her.

"It's... nothing." She assured her. "It's just that... it's my first time inside a shop..."

Beta saw the look on her face as she said that. The Commandant had suggested that their briefing with Celica should be done in a safe spot, hence they were in a shop with arcade machines, object prizes, and plushies. While the rest of them didn't pay mind to the slots at all, Lucia on the other hand secretly made some gazes at the plushies.

And by sheer coincidence, Beta saw Lucia glance at the plushies at some point during the briefing.

'...childish.' He thought to himself about her surprising side.

"In that case, Lucia, let's have a look around!" Liv proposed.

"Umm..." She was unsure whether she should go along with Liv's proposal.

Lucia looked to the Commandant. 

"Commandant?" 

"You can go. Lee and I will keep a lookout." He permitted the plea as Lee nodded in the suit of her need.

Lucia then looked to Beta, as did the other three, hoping to know if it would be okay for him.

"...*sigh*, just make it quick." He only sighed as he left the building unamused.

Gray Raven watched him leave the building as he stands by the entrance, keeping watch. And with the situation sorted out, Liv and Lucia explore the arcade as Lee and the Commandant idle by.

.

.

Lee tinkers with his last working guns as he silently hears Lucia and Liv chatter about plushies and whatnot. Because he wanted the efficiency of their mission to be smooth, he suggested that the Commandant should rest up and lie down on the seats next to him while he continues his tinkering.