eleven

Kiara cocked her head to her side as Emre fidgeted. She watched as he ruffled his hair a couple of times, as he rubbed his nose a couple of times. Laughing, she flicked her hair over her shoulder, "I didn't realise it was that difficult of a question."

    Emre looked at Kiara, and she noticed that there was a touch of pink on his cheeks. "It is," she watched as his throat bobbed as he answered her, "you're asking for the source of my inspirations. What if you steal it from me?". He smirked at her slightly leaning forward, and Kiara felt her breath hitch at the intensity in his eyes, the way the green in them seem to wink at her under the pale, whitewashed lights of the train compartment.

    Kiara rolled her eyes, masking her nerves as she pouted, "Fine. Don't answer."

    Emre squinted, looking at her underneath furrowed brows, "What was your inspiration for your composition, Kiara?"

    Kiara released a heavy breath and chuckled lightly. "Okay, okay. I get it it's a personal thing. Sorry I asked," she sassed back at Emre, who chuckled as he looked away.

    "My turn again," Kiara said excitedly, her voice ringing in the almost empty compartment, "Soooo, personal question again I guess...what do your parents say about you being in a band?"

    Emre who was looking at his feet, kept his gaze trained there, nodding as though trying to arrange his thoughts. "Well, they weren't happy in the beginning you know. Which I guess it's understandable for them but after I took them to one of our shows, I think they finally got it. I mean I still get the occasional 'I'm wasting my life' lecture from my dad and mostly my uncles; but I figure I might as well do something that I love; even if it was wasting my life away," he looked up at Kiara and she flinched as his gaze seared through her.

That intensity that she kept getting glimpses of suddenly burned bright in his eyes and she could feel the licks of it all over her skin. She knew she was going to go home singed and scorched under the heat of Emre's gaze with the intensity of it leaving marks all over her.

Kiara inhaled deeply and stood up abruptly, walking towards the train doors. She could feel Emre move slowly behind her. His hand resting next to hers where she held the subway pole, her heart thudding in her chest. He had been doing this all night, getting increasingly close to her and now she wasn't sure if she wanted to push him away or pull him closer.

"This is our stop," he said behind her, almost in a whisper nose brushing against the tops of her hair his warmth radiating behind her as the train slowed to a stop. Kiara nodded shakily, as she let go of the pole, and pulled her coat tighter across her body. They had exited the station and Kiara almost squealed with glee at the sight before her as it seemed as they had stepped right into Times Square. Her eyes were flitting from one giant billboard to another. She almost ran to the middle of the square and stood in awe as she admired the multitude of bright lights. There were still people milling about around her, she could hear guffaws from the groups scattered about. She watched the happy faces of others as they stood close taking selfies.

She turned around to find Emre with his phone already out pointing at her. She smiled brightly knowing that he was taking her picture.

Extending her hand, "Let me see?"

Placing the phone in her outstretched hand, he walked up behind her.

"Can we take a selfie?" Kiara asked, chewing on her lip nervously as she waited for his answer. Emre nodded with a big smile and hunched next to her, bringing his face next to hers. Kiara could see him smiling on the screen, as she struggled to extend her arm to take the photo while keeping both of them in the frame.