Chapter 15: The Campfire Drama

Start from the beginning

Taehyung frowned. Not everybody was allowed to call him Tae. And he honestly hadn't remembered allowing Bogum to call him that... But Bogum's next words made him freeze.

'You can easily keep up with this monster of an alpha, but you are a fine guy. Not like him...'

Taehyung gulped and asked:

'What do you mean?'

Bogum shrugged.

'I just don't think he should be here... Nothing good has ever come out of his presence. He is rude, he looks down on us and he uses his power to constantly put us down in Min Yoongi's eyes...'

Taehyung noticed that the quiet chatting between Kai and his friends stopped. They looked at Bogum with angry eyes.

'You could finally get over your silly jealousy, Bogum' Kai said quietly. Warningly.

'Jealousy?!' Bogum laughed. 'Of him? No way in hell?'

'Everybody knows it...' said Baekhyun, shrugging. 'You and him took the "Prince Test" together. But he actually became the Royal Wolf and you didn't.'

'So what?' Bogum shrugged. 'It wasn't my destiny. I prefer to be a regular soldier, not tied to one place for all his life...', he looked at Taehyung, raising his bottle. 'No offense...'

'No, taken...' Taehyung's focus was mainly on Kai and his friends, who were irritated by Bogum's behavior. He decided to play along and smile. 'This is actually my dream life. Not everyone needs to fit into this lifestyle...'

'Right...'

'So for how long are you training?' Taehyung asked.

Taehyung decided to observe everything carefully today. Jimin's words were still echoing in his mind... And after analysing the situation he realised that for some reason Bogum really hated Jungkook. And that he was really talented in pointing out things he wanted others to see. And Taehyung being the prejudiced idiot he was, fell for that easily, without trying to look above it. So he could use this situation to get to know the horrible things Jungkook did that (so outgoing) Bogum despised him so much for...

'I was here even before taking the test... Even before this dick appeared...' Bogum chuckled bitterly. 'He showed up, behaving like a fucking mute, taking Yoongi-hyung all attention. He and the others took pity on him.' Bogum shook his head.

'You are not jealous, right...' Chanyeol snorted.

'Shut the fuck up!' Bogum jumped up from his seat.

Kai stood up to face him before he could get to his friends.

'Put your butt down' he warned quietly.

'What's with you, Kai? He beat your ass countless times! You said you would kill him if you could! And now you want to be nice and docile?'

'I don't want to end up like you...' Kai whispered. 'Being too blinded by hate to see the difference between training and real life.'

'You are just scared of him!' Bogum looked at Chanyeol. ' And you? He used your mate to get to you!'

'It's part of our training. Thanks to that I know what my weak spots are...' Chanyeol answered, clenching his fists, but calmed down once Baekhyun started to rub his back.

'You could actually get over something that happened ten years ago!' Baekhyung snapped.

'I don't care about that! I hate him because everybody is too scared of him to tell him the truth! That he is a fucking monster!' 

The cheerful blabbering died around the bonfire. Everybody looked at Bogum, Kai, Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

'He showed up here, out of nowhere, and he suddenly was the best fighter?' Bogum was shouting. 'After two years of training he became a regular?! He was fucking 15 on his first mission! And I had to fight to be there! I trained four years longer than him! I'm older! And I'm nowhere! Because they are so fucking scared of the Grand Alpha, that not even Head Alpha can do a shit to him! They do whatever he tells them to do! They are jumping around him like he is the prince himself! No one who did not gorvel before him, became a regular soldier here!'