Season 2: Chapter One

Start from the beginning

“We’re doing great.” Carol asserted, “What about you?”

“I’m hungry, so if you want to join me and find some supplies on these cars, I’d be happy to have company.” She stated, her nose scrunched because of the scorching heat of the sun.

Carl sprinted to Adelaide, hearing what the maiden planned to do. “Adelaide, can I please go with you!” Carol looks at Adelaide, pouting and all that.

The kid is practically a tail of Adelaide. He would insert himself as long as he could just to spend time with his father’s best friend’s younger sister. Adelaide is not complaining, obviously; she adores the kid and loves his company as she always wanted to have a younger brother.

All of a sudden, their atmosphere came to be quiet. She catches sight of the men’s heads swerved to Lori. She must’ve said something controversial, Adelaide presumed.

“I don’t know how I feel about this.” She called out.

Daryl searches for food for supplies that they can use in a car’s compartment next to the van. T-Dog asked for assistance to siphon the fuel from the other vehicles and to look for a radiator hose.

They diverted from each other, searching for something that they can eat, drink or use. Before Adelaide could walk away, Carl was bugging her to go and start their scavenging. Adelaide couldn’t just snatch the kid away from his mother and not ask for Lori or Rick’s permission. She doesn’t want to reiterate what happened at the quarry when they went frog hunting.

Adelaide takes steps towards Lori, who’s leaning on a car. Her palms are dripping with sweat, and her hands were trembling a bit. Rick is standing right next to his wife.

Rick witnessed Carl tugging her arms, and he could see Adelaide’s face that she is having a hard time managing his hyperactive son, “Adelaide, is Carl bothering you?”

Adelaide shakes her head, “No! I just came here to ask you if I can—”

“You wanted Carl to go with you to search for supplies?” Rick raises the question.

“Well, it is more likely the opposite. I was supposed to ask Carol, but—” Rick chuckles at her comment. It seems like Carl shows much fondness towards Adelaide and the maiden can’t keep up with his child often.

She was interrupted by Lori. Adelaide’s eyes were blinking rapidly, afraid that she would be aggressive towards her. “Yes, Carl can go with you.” As Lori said those words, Carl jumps and hugs his mom.

Adelaide gleamed in solace. Rick notices how Adelaide’s hands were shaking. “Are you alright?”

Adelaide hid her hands behind her back, “Kind of, I think so. Just my nerves.” She paused, side-eyeing Lori before turning to Carl. “Do you want to go now?” Carl nods his head excitedly in response. He then moved next towards Adelaide and held her sweaty hand. “We will be back before you know it.”

“Listen to what Adelaide says. Stay close to her and never leave her sight. Am I making myself clear, Carl?” Rick looks at his son as Carl only nods repeatedly.

Rick turns to his wife, who is currently folding clothes that she found. “Carl seems to be extremely comfortable with her,”

Lori turns to Rick and scoffs. “You’re underestimating your son. I asked him about Adelaide twice. At first, he said that Adelaide was the older sister he prayed for. Then, a few months later—before you came back. He said that she is now his second mom.” Lori’s voice cracks. Rick quickly comforts her, rubbing her back as she leans her head on his chest.

“Is that why you were mean to her?”

Lori looks up at him, “Did she tell you that?” She pulls away from him, her eyes dilated.