Season 2: Chapter One

Mulai dari awal

Adelaide bobs her head, “Grandma taught me how to use a gun when I was in high school. But, still, I prefer knives and blades. It’s a matter of preference, but thanks for the offer, Officer Walsh.” She replied; she glimpses inside her bag. It contains four skinny jeans, seven white shirts, three black shirts, a denim jacket, and her undies. Lastly, her sanitary pads. She cannot use tampons, so she sticks with pads.

Adelaide threw away tons of clothes that were ruined from the walker’s blood and some ripped. The clothes mentioned above were her only wardrobe as of now. And she’s still wearing the boots given to her as a gift from her grandparents when she celebrated her 23rd birthday.

Adelaide zipped her bag, put it on the side, and headed toward Glenn and Dale when she heard the elderly man whine. “What happened?” She stands behind Glenn’s seat, her knees bent. Shane stands next to her.

“Aw, no,” Dale grumbles again. Now, Adelaide can see that plenty of cars are blocking the road. The van stopped. Adelaide hears Daryl’s bike’s noisy engine, and he is also seen coming closer to the RV. “See a way through?” Dale inquires Daryl, looking over the window.

Daryl didn’t utter a word to Dale, but he signals that he’d start looking. Dale nodded his head.

“What happens next?”

Glenn sighs. His eyes are on the map he is holding. “Uh, maybe we should just go back. There's an interstate bypass—” He suggested.

“We would only waste more fuel if we do,” Adelaide replies.

Meanwhile, Dale followed Daryl’s tracks until the van could not squeeze in. There are more cars on the road which make it harder for them to pass through. There was also a lifeless body on one of the cars they passed.

“Can we get through here?” Glenn genuinely asked. Then, a noise spewed, and there was steam coming from the RV’s engine. The van halted.

Adelaide sighs in annoyance, “Holy shit.”

Dale was the first one to come out of the vehicle and was followed by the others. “I said it. Didn’t I say? A thousand times. Dead in the water.”

Adelaide watches the people who were in the other car get out of it. A smile rose on her face as her brown eyes are on the pale brunette kid.

“Adelaide!”

Carl jogged from his father’s grip to Adelaide’s. He squeezed his arms all over her waist. “Hmm. What made you so happy today?” Adelaide ruffles the boy's short brown hair.

“You will come with us, right?”

Adelaide had a confused look on her face, “I will if you tell me where we will be going.” Adelaide set her eyes on Lori while Rick was speaking to Dale.

“I mentioned earlier about our trip to the Grand Canyon when Carl was a baby.” Lori explained, “Now, he wanted to visit the Grand Canyon.” She added, establishing a sudden smile on her face.

“You will join us, right?” Carl coyly anticipates.

Adelaide beams as she nods her head, unable to say no to the young kid. “I will, but only if we arrive at Fort Benning safely. That is our priority for now.” She provided an answer, “Will that be okay for you?”

Carl bounces his head as he giggles, “Yes!” The kid also wraps his arms around her waist again, then he eliminates it and runs back to his father.

While Carl is away, Adelaide walks toward Carol. “What happened?” Carol asks, referring to Dale’s van.

“Van’s engine. It releases steam.” She replied, snaking her arms on Carol’s shoulder. “How is your day?” She awkwardly asks, wanting the conversation to keep on going.