Sarah whirled around and she looked sharply at the building, then she squinted her eyes at him. "I think you're baiting me into a useless conversation."

"That could be right. But tell me, would you believe me?"

Sarah looked up at the clear sky and sent a prayer to the Lord to give her strength to deal with this obnoxiously irritating man.

"Yes. I believe you. I believe that that you own this building, this city, this state... well the whole damn planet. You happy now?" She spat her words. 

Chris would have retorted more sarcastically if someone else had spoken to him like this. But he crossed his arms and smiled brightly at her.

As he was about to say whatever was on his mind, a taxi stopped for Sarah. Releasing a relieved sigh she hurriedly opened the door, but before she could sit, Chris blocked her way.

"You're going to the office. I'm going there too. I think we should contribute to saving the environment by sharing a car."

Sarah was taken aback. She opened her mouth to say something, but she was speechless. 

"Yo! Dude. Let the lady in." 

Chris extended a few hundred dollar bills for the cab driver. "Just sit quietly until the lady and I negotiate a deal." Cab driver — a young man in his early twenties grinned at Chris and grabbed the money.

"This is ridiculous!" Sarah muttered under her breath. "Step aside, I'm already late."

"I won't fire you for something so minor like this. I'm not a tyrant. I'm the most easy-going boss." He grinned widely and look of innocence on his face but his eyes promised mischief.

Sarah bit the inside of her cheek to prevent herself from smiling in front of this man. Though it was easier said than done. 

"Dude can I work for you then?" the cab driver asked.

Huffing loudly, Chris turned towards that man. "I won't let you survive even one hour. Now, shut up! And let us talk." The cab driver put his hands up in surrender.

"So where were we?" the stupid-ass grin was back on his face.

"You're in my way. Step aside," she spoke in a bit authoritative voice.

"Shove me aside then," he replied.

"Don't you think you're being so childish right now?"

"Define childish." He shrugged.

"God, please help me!" she groaned.

"They say, God helps those who help themselves."

"You have  a response to everything— no matter how ridiculous it sounds." She stated.

"That's one of my best characteristic traits."

With a sigh, Sarah shook her head. As she was about to actually push him aside, an elderly woman approached them. "If you are not taking the cab, may I take this?"

"Of course!" Chris exclaimed instantly and moved aside and helped the woman to sit. Meanwhile, Sarah just gaped at him.

"You both look adorable together," that elderly woman spoke.

"Thank you. We get these compliments all the time." Chris gave that woman a warm and bright smile before closing the door. Sarah scoffed loudly as his reply irked her greatly.

"What?" Chris turned towards Sarah. "She was so old and I didn't want to break her heart by correcting her."

"You're impossible."

"Hmmm... I get this compliment all the time. Anyway... come on, I have a car. You can imagine me as a cab driver."

Chris walked off, and Sarah sated at his back. She contemplated the idea of following him but she also knew she had a chance to find another cab and get away from her boss.

A/N

hey guys could you please suggest some names for Chirs' company. I could only think of DeJones...... however, I'm not overly fond of this name.