Chapter 34: Memory Pt. 1

"W-where am I?" Y/N said as he woke up, having found himself lying on the ground, surrounded by nothing but pure whiteness no matter where he looks.

Slowly, he began to stand while trying his best to comprehend what is happening before him, as well as to figure out where he is.

"Is anybody here? Please, answer me!" He yelled before deciding to walk regardless of which direction to take, as he deemed it pointless to think about it now. In his mind, what's important is for him to try and find something or someone that could help him escape this obscure situation.

At first, he stayed calm, as he thought that all of it is just one very twisted dream, and by the time he wakes up, everything will go back to normal.

However, the longer he walks, the more he starts to feel desperate, and soon, fear began to develop in his mind.

"What is going on here? Somebody please, help me get out of this place!" He yelled again, but like before, he heard no answer.

He then felt alone, as the fear in his heart slowly began to affect him, the feeling of someone trapped in a cage of false tranquility, with nothing but emptiness and silence as his company.

"I don't understand any of this! What is this place?" He asked himself, as his own doubts began to accompany his thoughts, unsure how to comprehend anything.

But then, just as he was about to give up, he then saw a door suddenly appear in front of him, with a voice compelling him to enter.

"Go through that door, Y/N. Once you do, all the answers that you seek will be revealed without consequence."

"What the? Where are you? Show yourself!" He tried to ask, but he heard no reply.

Knowing that there's nothing else he could do, Y/N decides to enter the mysterious door, as he mentally prepares himself for what's on the other side.

Upon entering the doorway, Y/N's head began to ache, forcing him to kneel as he tries to fight off the pain.

"Aaah! It.....hurts! What....is this?" He muttered, with him using every ounce of his strength to try and get up.

But just a few seconds after, the pain suddenly subsided. Unsure of why he felt such a discomfort, Y/N pressed on, and was stunned at what he saw.

"Wait a minute. I remember this place. That bridge.....as well as those trees.....no way....."

Such sights were more than enough for him to remember about the place where he frequently visits during his childhood days. As he walks through the bridge, memories of how simple things were back then brought him to a state of nostalgia. A part of him still wished to go back to those times, but he knows that it's all in the past now.

However, he began to feel troubled in the middle of his recollection, with him trying to figure out the names of his friends, which had seemingly vanished from his memories.