Chapter 12: By Your Side

Flashback, a few hours earlier

"That was a great movie! I'm glad that I was able to finally see it!" Sakura said as Vernon gave her a smile.

"Yes it was. I'm surprised though. I never expected you were into action films." He told her.

"You're not the first person to tell me that. But yes, I prefer watching action movies more than romantic ones."

"I see. Then I'm happy for you, Sakura-ssi. So then, let's have our lunch, shall we?" He asked her.

"Sure! But I told you earlier, you can just call me Kkura. I'll just leave it up to you to decide where we are going to eat this afternoon." She cheerfully told him.

"O-ok then, Kkura it is. I know a good place, and I think you'll like it if you miss eating Japanese food. Let's go." Vernon said as the two of them held hands together.

Upon exiting the mall, Sakura noticed something outside.

"I guess the skies are still gloomy like this morning. I'm not worried though, since I came prepared. But I would really feel bad if it rains again." She said.

"You may be right about that. But I must apologize for what might happen later." He said as he whispered the last sentence.

"Huh? Did you say something, Vernon?"

"Oh, uh, I just said that I'm looking forward to the rest of our day together."

"I'm very happy that you said that. Again, thank you for going out with me today." Sakura said as she and Vernon went to ride a bus towards the restaurant.

Once there, they both ordered Sakura's favorite food, sushi. She was very happy that Vernon was able to guess it, which made it all the more special for her.

While they wait, the two of them talked about a lot of things, as they share more about themselves in order to get to know each other more.

When their conversation went towards their friends, Vernon thought that it was a great idea to ask her about something.

"Kkura, this may be an odd question, but what do you think of our friends so far?" He asked her.

"Huh? Well, I'm really glad that we were able to meet all of them, really. But to be honest, I still don't know them well enough, especially Wonwoo and Hyewon. One thing's for sure though, I know they're both good people, and I can't wait to get to know them more later on."

"I see. That's good to hear. What about Y/N?"

His question made Sakura pause for a bit, as she smiled before giving Vernon her answer.

"Y/N is, let's just say he's a lot more special to me compared with those two. I still can't explain it, but ever since I met him that day, I felt at ease whenever he's with me. I know that it's just a short while since we met, but I'm starting to grow fond of him for some reason. He's like a person whom I could always trust. Having said that, I know that he's someone I can count on. Maybe it's just me, but whoever ends up being his girlfriend, she will be a very lucky person to have him."

Her words made Vernon chuckle, as Sakura felt a bit irritated by it.

"Yah, why are you laughing? Was it something I said?"

"Haha, I'm so sorry for laughing, Kkura. But maybe you're right, that girl would be very fortunate to have him. You know, I feel glad that you have someone like him as your friend. Knowing this, I'm confident that you'll be okay as long as he's with you." He said to her.