I continue to listen to her tell me of her childhood. The family events that took place here. Memories of heartache are the ones that tug at my heart the most. "Puberty was a very awkward time for me. It first started for me around ten. I was the tallest girl in my class, super skinny and extremely lanky. Obviously not so much now. I got glasses in fourth grade too which just added to it. Boys were cruel," she tells me as a frown takes over. "I remember sitting here and crying for hours when daddy said we were moving. This was all I ever knew, it scared me. The day we moved I stayed right here until mom told me we had to go."
The

  I stop the tire from swinging and pull it towards me. "I hope this changes the last memory you have of this swing." I dip my body down and capture her lips with mine. When I pull away I notice her frown is gone. "Definitely. You may not have been my first kiss, but you will be my last."

~~~
Daphne's POV

Chris tells me he's set an alarm for Tuesday morning since we need to head out by seven. "So, should we get a full nights sleep because of driving or can we sleep along the way?" Yes, I'm still trying to coerce him into giving me more hints.

It looks like this time it may work as I can see his thoughts turning in his head. "There will be an opportunity for sleeping during the day tomorrow," he says as he's packing away items that won't be needed until our next stop.

"For both of us, or just one of us?" I ask hoping for a little more information.

"Daphne, I promise by this time tomorrow you'll know the whole plan. Just give me one more day, please?" He says walking towards me.

"Fine," I say rolling my eyes. "You knew I was impatient before you married me."

"And annoyingly stubborn. And kind. And loving. And gorgeous," he tells me with a smirk.

"What's your point?" I ask.

"I love you for it," he simply says grabbing me by the waist and carrying me to the bed.

~~~

The alarm goes off at 5:30 but when I open my eyes I see that Chris is already in the bathroom combing through his wet hair. "Why are you already up?" I groan, missing him next to me.

  "Too excited to sleep," he says.

  "Well then we could've done something else," I say mischievously.

  He looks back at me through the reflection in the mirror. "I tried. You kicked me," he tells me, dead serious.

  "I did not!" I shout in complete disbelief.

  Chris nods his head at me. "Yes, you did. I valued my life too much so I got up and took a cold shower instead," he laughs out. 

  "You're lying," I say still not believing him.

  He saunters over to me in just his boxers and lifts his leg onto the bed. Pointing to a mark on his shin he say, "that's where your heel hit me when I started nuzzling your neck." 

  "So you quit trying after one kick? Where's your persistence, Evans?"

  He narrows his eyes at me and turns to the side. There's another mark under his ribs. "That's from your elbow when I put my hand on your thigh." 

  I'm slightly mortified now. "I'm so sorry," I say with a half laugh and half cry. "I'm awake now," I say as I sit up on my knees and go over in front of where he stands beside the bed. I let my hands roam his chest as my nose nuzzles just under his jaw. He steps back away from me and I almost fall off of the bed at the loss of contact.