ten

"Hey, you think you could work your weird blood magic on me?" Pete asks, poking at the bandage on his arm.

Mikey looks down at his lap, where Pete's head is resting.

"No."

"Why not? Don't you have, like, healing spit or something?"

The vampire raises his eyebrows. "You want me to spit in your open wound?"

"If it'll help it heal, yeah. This shit itches." Pete fidgets with the gauze agains, pouting at it.

"And me spitting in it won't help."

The werewolf sighs. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, puppy. I'm sure. If I could spit in your wound and heal it, I would. I feel terrible." Mikey sets down the book he was reading and cards his fingers through Pete's hair, petting him gently.

"You were only defending yourself. Since I tried to kill you."

"You didn't try to kill me. You didn't know what you were doing."

The werewolf sighs. "I'm just glad you figured out the sunlight thing before I really did kill you."

"As am I."

"What am I like? As a wolf?" Pete shifts around, looking up at the vampire with curious eyes.

Mikey thinks for a moment, then smiles. "Tiny."

"Tiny?"

"Yeah. I didn't realize it until you were asleep and I was just laying there thinking, but you're smaller than the other werewolves that I've seen."

"Oh, you're seeing other werewolves, huh?" Pete scoffs, his eyebrows raised.

Mikey laughs. "Just you, my love. But I've looked at other werewolves. You're smaller, like when you're human, although you still come up past my waist. When you're standing up all the way, you're taller than me. It's creepy. You're strong, too. You're very strong. Your fur is the same color as your hair, and your eyes are the exact same. You'd be so cute if it weren't for the huge claws and teeth."

"So, in your head, I am not some raging beast. I am a tiny, cute little puppy?"

"Yes." Mikey nods firmly. "Well, no, you would be cute if you weren't trying to kill me."

"Huh. When you're a vampire, you're fucking hot. Somehow hotter than usual." Pete says.

"I'm always a vampire."

"You know what I mean, dipshit. When your fangs are out and your eyes go all black- oh! That reminds me of my other question. You bit me, but you didn't kill me. How come you were able to pull away?"

"Your blood tastes different when you're turned. Sour, almost. But right now, I can smell that wound. It smells like your blood."

"And you aren't at all tempted to spit in it?"

"Babe, you gotta let that go. I will not spit in your open wound."

"You've spit, like, everywhere else!" The werewolf protests.

"That's so different! My spit does not have healing powers."

"Fine." Pete huffs, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "But you are hot, especially when you get all vampiric. Like, really sexy in a dangerous way."

"Thanks, pup." Mikey says, subtly extending his fangs.

"Just like that, bat boy. I love those fangs." The werewolf purrs.