two

Pete wakes up hot, and aching. The beds of his fingernails are pulsating. The feeling of Mikey's back against his chest is enough to set his nerves aflame. Pete claws at the vampire's bare chest, pulling him closer, moving up to his shoulder and gently biting at the soft skin. Mikey's eyes open immediately. He doesn't need sleep, but can doze off if he wants, and it's nice to have that time with Pete.

Mikey takes a long breath, and turns over. His pupils are blown wide and dark inside the swirling hazel.

"Good morning, pup. You reek of sex already." He grins, showing off his sharp teeth. Pete slinks up his body, fingers twisting around Mikey's wrists, pinning them to the pillow, as he leans down to nuzzle and kiss at his neck.

"Get your hands off my wrists, puppy. You know you aren't in control here."

"Oh, yeah?" Pete challenges, tightening his grip.

"Yeah." Mikey hooks his long legs around Pete's hips and flips them with ease, his inhumane strength easily able to overpower the werewolf. His lithe fingers curl around Pete's wrists. "You're my little bitch and you know it. Now, tell me what you want, or I'll force it outta ya." The brunette bares his sharp fangs, running the tip of his tongue over them. Pete's face softens. His big, brown eyes get even bigger, silently pleading. Mikey retracts his fangs, his unbeating heart constricting. As soon as the grip on his wrists is loosened, Pete yanks his hands free and shoves the taller one back, crawling onto his lap.

"You always fall for the puppy dog eyes, Mikes."

Mikey scowls at him, though Pete knows it's playful.

"And besides..." Pete's voice lowers, as does his head, leaning down so he's whispering in Mikey's ear. His legs move back a little, allowing his back to curve and his hips to roll down.

"You know what I want."

- - - - -

After an extra hour in bed that left Mikey with scratches all over his chest and back, and Pete with several darkening bruises, the werewolf managed to hold down a little bit of his breakfast and then fall into a restless and twitchy sleep in the afternoon. He could feel every bone in his body grinding and twisting. Tomorrow was the full moon. Mikey was worried, of course he was, though they'd been through almost thirteen full moons together.

The day goes by slow, every minute feeling like an hour. Mikey goes about his day off, taking care of some things around the house, tending to the fevered and aggressive werewolf in their room. He'd either get a snap of dangerous jaws or a seductive purr to get back in bed- there wasn't much of an in between.

The next day is quite the same, with Pete becoming more and more predatory. He can control it, but the power is slipping through his fingers like sand in an hourglass. Everything hurts. His spine feels like it's twisting from the inside out, every inch of his body rebelling against this human form.

The night slowly approaches, as does the threat of a familiar satellite, looming over the two men sitting out on the porch. That was another myth, that vampires could only go outside at night. They'd adapted over many, many years, no longer hiding in shadows and under the cover of twilight.

"Mikey... you need to... you need to leave." Pete mumbles suddenly, every tooth in his skull aching to the root with each word. He stands up, twitching, yearning for flesh. He can feel the chains breaking, the ropes snapping, the barriers breaking. Pete's mouth floods with saliva at the sight of his vampire, and he slowly backs away.

"Alright. Be safe, my sweet puppy." Mikey stands up as well. "Can I kiss you?"

"Don't wanna hurt you." Pete shakes his head.

"Okay." The taller one nods. "I'll see you in the morning."

The werewolf jerks his own neck to one side, a sickening crack sounding through the warm glow of the sunset. "Y-Yeah. See you in the morning. I love you, bat boy. Don't forget the plants."

"I love you too. Please, be careful."

"I will."

Mikey watches as Pete trudges down the worn path into the woods behind their house. As soon as the wolf is out of sight, he goes around setting potted wolfsbane around the doors. The librarian has never felt he was in danger, but Pete explained that even when he was turned, the wolf was just as drawn to Mikey as his human self was, and he could end up finding Mikey and doing something awful.

- - - - -

Mikey sits at the window, resting his head atop his folded arms. He stares wistfully into the forest, hearing every howl and scream. It'll be a sleepless night. Sleeping is pointless without his pretty little puppy beside him. The brunette pushes his glasses up the bridge of his nose and then reaches for the glass of blood on the windowsill next to him, taking a sip.

His vampiric hearing allows every growl, snarl, and shriek to be heard. He's never asked what Pete does when he's turned, and Pete has never gone into detail. He feeds. He attacks. He comes home covered in blood with a foggy memory. Sometimes he joins the others that roam their forest, but it's usually just him.

As Pete draws further into the woods, and the sounds grow faint, Mikey lets out a small sigh. He raises from his seat and picks up the cup, drinking the last of the dark red liquid. He's down to his last blood bag, a new "donor" will need to be found soon.

It's a lonely and quiet night without his lover. Mikey's ice cold body is only ever kept warm by his werewolf.