Inspiration

Killer walked up to Dream and smiled. "It's good to see ya, Dreamy."

"The feeling's mutual, Killz." Dream smiled back.

"Now that we're sure who you are," Dust began as he walked up to the positive guardian, "how did you end up like this in the first place?"

Dream rubbed his forehead.
"I don't know, exactly. But I know that Baron has something to do with it."

"Ugh," Killer groaned. "Why can't that bastard just leave us alone?!"

"Killer," Dust's voice went quiet. "If he hadn't interfered, we'd still be under Fatal Error's influence, as well as Nightmare's. We would never have met-"

Dust stopped himself. Killer looked at him sadly.
"Yeah, I know. You're right. But, what does he want with us, this time?"

"Yeah," Lunar chimed in from the table.
"What does he want? Who is he and why did he switch my brother's body with your Dream?"

Killer and Dust turned to Lunar, curious.
"Wait. Who are you?"

"I'm Nightmare from a different multiverse, I guess."

Killer walked over to him. At that, Switch tensed. These seemed like dangerous characters, and that's not counting what Pale had remarked about them! As much as Switch hated Pale, he knew Pale doesn't say things without knowing what he's talking about. Switch resolved to himself that if they try anything with Lunar, those murderers will be murdered. He watched as Killer leaned over the top of the booth, studying the negative guardian.

"What are you looking at?" Lunar snapped. His glare hardened when Killer smirked.

"Heh, you don't much look like him, but you definitely act like him."

"Funny, I saw him, and he looked like my exact twin!"

"Hahahahahaha! What, can you turn into a black octopus, too?"

"Killer, that's enough!"
Dream crossed his arms.

Lunar had to take a second glance, reminding himself this wasn't his brother as he turned his harsh gaze to him. The look softened as Killer backed away to where Dust stood.

"What's with the black octopus thing?!" Lunar exclaimed in exasperation.

"It's what our Nightmare usually looks like," Dust explained. "He is covered in what looks and feels like tar, and he's got tendrils of the stuff protruding from his back. Does that answer your question?"

"Not really," Lunar frowned as he tried to imagine himself looking like that.

"Why are you guys here, anyway?"
Dream asked, sitting down at an empty booth.

"Ink sent us to find you," Killer stated, sitting across from Dream. "He said there was another version of you walking around. He also said this version of you is out for Nightmare's blood, and he's got Terror on his side."

"That's what we figured. This other Dream wants to destroy all negativity in the multiverse, and according to Switch, he will stop at nothing to do it. But, if he has Terror on his side, couldn't you guys bring him back to our side?"

Killer sighed. "It's... complicated. He doesn't trust anyone associated with Nightmare, and if this other Dream has gained his trust by some miracle..."

"It's going to take a lot to get him on our side, again." Dust finished. "And with the Kind One gone, we might have a slower start."

Dream hummed and leaned his head on his arms. So many problems. If Baron could just give them some direction, some idea what to do!