53. love story

ricky watched as nini tried to cut pieces of vegetables on the cutting board, smiling slightly to himself as he saw how focused she was.

he slowly stood up from the couch, making his way towards her in the kitchen and leaning against the counter

"what's up bubs?" she asked, her eyes still on the food she was preparing

ricky chuckled "nothing, i'm just watching."

"aw," she cooed looking up at him "that's creepy."

ricky rolled his eyes playfully as she giggled, turning to continue cooking as she listened to her music playlist - music always helped her focus and feel more relaxed.

the curly-haired boy grinned as he stood up at the sound of 'love story' playing, making his way towards the brunette girl who was holding a spatula as she observed the large bowl that had a sauce heating up in.

we were both young when i first saw you, i close my eyes and the flashbacks start i'm standing there, on a balcony in summer air.

nini giggled as she looked up when hearing ricky sing quietly, her eyes meeting his

"what are you doing?" she sighed with an amused smile as ricky just shrugged his shoulders reaching for her hand

"that you were romeo, you were throwing pebbles and my daddy said stay away from juliet!" he sang as he gestured between the two

nini shook her head "i'm making your dinner-"

"and i was lying on the staircase begging you please don't go!" he exclaimed, holding her hand as he pulled her towards him slowly and held her waist firmly before twirling her around, causing for her to squeal "and i said,"

"romeo take me somewhere we can be alone." she smiled as she wrapped her arms around his neck and they rocked side to side

"i'll be waiting all there's left to do is run." he continued, nini laughing softly as she felt flutters in her chest and stomach. he never failed to make her feel this way. even after all these years.

you'll be the prince and i'll be the princess, it's a love story, baby just say yes.

she leaned her head on his chest as they just continued dancing to the song, nini closing her eyes in comfort as did ricky, leaning his cheek on the top of her head as he held her right hand in his with his other around her waist.

he loved holding her like this. having her close to him. it's something he wouldn't ever trade for anything in the entire world. it's something he wanted to hold onto and keep forever. no matter what. because she was his and he was hers.

nini looked up at him, their eyes meeting as he smiled softly at her and leaned his forehead against hers.

she felt content overtake her and closed her eyes, lifting her head up just a bit for their noses to touch while they continued rocking side by side

he leaned in to connect their lips, nini smiling through it as she kissed him back. it was sweet and gentle, fully contained with love and adoration that made both of their hearts swell uncontrollably.

as they pulled apart, they both had wide smiles and he looked at her.

"i love you." he whispered softly

"i love you too." she replied

when the song ended, she giggled at the feeling of him spinning her around hugging her from behind as he rested his chin on her shoulder

nini laughed, leaning her head against the side of his as she sighed "i have to finish the food, bubs."

"yeah i know." he said with a faint smile, pressing a kiss to her shoulder "i just love you being here with me."