Chapter 1

It all started when Draco let Pansy get inside of his head. Her incessant whining was getting on his last nerve, and he cursed all of the gods in existence that his father and her father had been business associates since before he and Pansy were born. It couldn't have been a cute boy he could have built a relationship with over the years.

Not that Blaise Zabini wasn't attractive. He was conventionally attractive, on the outside at least, and he knew it, which ruined some of the appeal. For Draco at least. Other people were into that, and as a bisexual, Blaise sure had the pick of the lot.

Draco was a lot more reserved in his relationships. He had only been in one or two serious ones over the years, but both had crumbled under the pressure of his father. Friendships had gone the same route, unless pre-approved by his father. A lot of Draco Malfoy's time was spent writing and daydreaming about any place but the mansion he could never quite get himself to call home.

He was not however, desperate enough to leave the safety of his bedroom to prance about at a haunted attraction where he would be paying people to scare the pants off of him. There were much better things to be done, especially on a Tuesday night.

"Don't be a baby Dray Dray", Pansy teased.

"If you want to be scared so badly, you can just look into a mirror for free Pansy."

Truthfully, Draco didn't think she was terrible looking, but he would never let her know that. She had none of the parts he was looking for in a relationship anyway, and giving her any sort of compliment would just further increase her absurd fascination with him. The word "gay" was apparently a challenge for her. He wouldn't break because he simply was not interested.

The three of them only hung out because of their parents. Pansy quickly got on with Blaise once he was introduced to the group. Three is a crowd, and Draco found himself as the outlier in the group, not that he minded much. He much preferred hs invitations to their gatherings were "lost in the mail", as if cell phones didn't even exist.

Against all of his better judgement, Draco agreed to what he believed would be the worst night of his life. He settled into the back seat of Blaise's car, knowing there was no use in battling Pansy for shotgun. The music was turned up, so he couldn't take part in their conversation even if he wanted to.

As soon as he stepped out of the car, someone with a chainsaw ran past him, and he screamed, much to the amusement of Pansy and Blaise.

"This is one of the worst things I have ever agreed to", he thought to himself, grimacing at a clown chasing another pair of friends as they held hands and laughed as they ran away.

Draco supposed things like this wouldn't be so bad if he had someone to actually enjoy them with. He didn't mind horror movies, but that was because he knew they were fake, and nothing could actually touch him. Unlike here, where quite literally, his worst nightmares were coming to life.

Pansy and Blaise linked arms, leaving Draco behind once again. Maybe he could get out of even going in and just sit in the car if he went in last. Alas, fate once again was not in his favor (or so he thought at this point in time) and they paid for his ticket and ushered him through the door first.

"Please let this not be as bad as I think it will be", Draco silently prayed to himself.