A Celebration

Madeleine's heart beat quickly in her chest and happiness flooded her body as Clopin kissed her she looked down at the beautiful ring and then back up at Clopin. She felt tears of joy coming into her eyes.

"I've never felt so happy in my entire life," she said, a smile still on her face.

"Nor I mon coeur," replied Clopin whose face held equal joy. He glanced up at the rapidly darkening sky.

"I should get you home, but tomorrow I want to take you somewhere secret."

"Then I look forward to it," Madeleine told him happily. Clopin took her hand and led her through the backstreets of Paris back to her home.

HoND

Quasimodo looked out over Paris. There was a small bridge by Notre Dame that went over a river. On it he saw two familiar figures.

It was the gypsy storyteller and The Lady as he had come to call the pretty blond woman.

The Gypsy held something out to The Lady before picking her up and spinning her around as they kissed. Quasi couldn't help but smile at the happy couple. Even as he felt a sadness that he would never know that happiness.

So many times out here
I've watched a happy pair of lovers walking in the night 

They had a kind of glow around them

It almost looked like heaven's light                                                                                                                                 

I knew I'd never know that warm and loving glow                                                                  

Though I might wish with all my might                                                                                                                  

No face as hideous as my face                                                                                                                                  

Was ever meant for heaven's light

He finished singing quietly to himself as he watched them walk away hand in hand. He hoped at least they would be happy.

HoND

When Madeleine entered her house she once again found Henri waiting for her. However, rather than disapproval he had a slightly smug but happy grin on his face.

"Well? How did it go?" Madeleine grinned back and held up her hand.

"I'm engaged!" she ran to Henri who pulled her into a tight hug.

"Congradulations Little Leine." They pulled apart.

"How did you know?" asked Madeleine who was pleased by her brother's reaction but also confused about his knowledge of the situation.

"Clopin came and asked me earlier if he could ask for your hand."

"Thank you for giving your permission," Madeleine told him softly.

"Your happiness is all I care about," her brother said as he smiled down at her.

HoND

Early in the evening on the following day Clopin stopped to pick up Madeleine up and grinned. 

"Ready?" he asked. Madeleine nodded. She wore a dark red cloak over her purple dress to keep out the cold.

As they started off Madeleine turned to glanced at Clopin.

The Lady and the Gypsy (Clopin x OC romance)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें