Well Wishes to Ill Beginnings

Börja om från början

Leofric gave an approving nod, "all reasons enough," He mused  peering down at Uhtred, "Plain or not she will serve her purpose." Uhtred exhaled. Leofric took a step closer, "The promises you made will stand." He said to Uhtred, the overgrown warrior's tone lending something kinder in it. "Blood feuds last a lifetime," he said lightly tapping Uhtred on the chest, "what you do Arsling, is live every day until the last."

Uhtred looked up at Leofric who gave him a firm nod. Khaana watched the two of them quietly, sizing up Leofric, she had not been convinced of his motives with Uhtred, but there was honesty in his eyes "Maybe it is safe enough to say he can be trusted with him." Khaana thought.

Glancing up Leofric caught Khaana's eye, she quickly looked away and cleared her throat, "you two and your sentiments will make the pup late for his big day. " she murmured.  Uhtred cracked a smile and leaning over kissed Khaana on the cheek. "You ready to give me away?" he teased. "I can hardly wait...she can deal with your foolishness from here on." Khaana hummed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside the church, Uhtred stood nervously beside Khaana normally he would have protested against her gently rubbing circles on his back in public but had she spot he was afraid he was going to retch. He dared not look at her for he knew there was a large amused smirk across her face, and what worse he could almost feel Leofric sniggering from his place beside her. "Breath Osbert, you've nothing to fear. Alfred is a proud man, for as much snake as he can be. I'm sure he picked out a good girl." Khaana thought to him.

Uhtred looked to her "You think?" his eyes read.

"The bride has arrived!" Beocca announced bursting through the doors, "Thank god," he murmured glancing at the antsy Uhtred. "Try to make yourself look presentable...is not entirely clean." He grumbled looking up at Leofric. "How does she look?" Uhtred asked quickly, "Terrified, I bet." Leofric answered just as quickly. Khaana sighed, pointing her elbows out she jabbed both men in the side. "what?" Uhtred hissed, "well it's true." said Leofric. Khaana rolled her eyes, "behave yourselves." she said in a soft whisper. The two men stood a little taller at the sound of the doors opening again behind them.

Odda the Elder entered in first, behind him the bride cloaked in a simple grey hood with his face well hidden, and behind her Young Odda who looked so somber, one would have thought it was a funeral.  They each took their places across from Uhtred and company in a line.

"If you could make brief the ceremony, father, I would be grateful," said Odda the Elder, he glanced between Uhtred and Khaana. "I have a meeting with the King." He added. Beocca gave a thoughtful nod.

"The bride has been given her price?" Uhtred asked, Odda the elder frowned "She will be." He said, giving a nod to his son. Young Odda rolled his eyes subtly and passed a dark coin pouch to the bride. She took it with timid almost trembling fingers. Khaana almost pitied the girl, it was clear though she was afraid she had no idea what she was truly getting herself into.

"and you are witnesses" Odda the elder said, "Thank you lord," the bride peeped. "

"If the betrothed couple would like to join me at the altar, and join hands. be brief," Beocca called. The bride moved first and Uhtred a skipped beat later. As he moved to stand before the bride, she removed her hood, vibrant auburn hair modestly adorned with a pale blue ribbon grasped Uhtred's eye. The Bride looked up into his face, unsure of his reaction as his eye grew large. She was nearly as white as the snow with roses cheek from the cold, deep dark eyes and an innocent face. She was plain in that she was simple, not heavily adorned or made up but naturally pretty. And Uhtred was taken.