I look up from my lap, hoisting my leg and dropping it on the tiled floor. I was going out of the room. Anywhere but here. I adjust the white fleecy pillow to the headboard. Taking a long drag, I walk up to the door and pull it open.

Closing it behind me, I take a long breath and exhale. He didn't stop me and I was glad about that. Not that I was able to see what he was doing in the room anyway.

I jog down the huge stairs, the big candelabrum dangling over my head brightening the place. The hallways were always warm and bright. I slide down the last stairs, walking over to the kitchen. How weird it felt being in here. I was stuck upstairs for almost a week.

"Hi." I greeted. Anna and Abriana were talking over something when I arrived. Abriana was helping dry the plates and putting them in the plate racks. It was good they had met.

"Oh, darling. You're back." Abriana sounded surprised glancing at me. I bit my lower lips. I had to do anything to get away from him.

"Yes. I felt bored." I partially lied. Abriana looks back at me with an interrogating gaze. I know she knew I was lying. But I wasn't either in a way. I didn't just want to be around him.

"Are you okay now?" Anna asked, turning off the running water and turns to look at me. Beneath her eyes were dull circles. Her face was inflamed and generally, she looked sick.

I frowned walking over to her. I stretch my hand and place it under her neck to feel her skin. Normal temperature but she still looked ill.

"I should be asking you the same question." I retreat. I feel guilty for making her this way. She stayed up all night taking care of me that she had barely enough sleep.

She smiles taking in a dry rag to dry her hands. "I'm fine. Just lacking sleep." She drops the rag and faces me amply.

"Thank you though." Abriana joined it. "I don't know you well enough but you are a good person." She appreciated.

I smile slightly at her words and turn my attention to Anna. "Yes, thank you." I throw my body against hers and clasped hers into a hug. She was really a true friend.

I pull away gently and take a glance at her. She was smiling brightly showing her full teeth. "You're welcome." She returned.

I turn to hear the soft footfalls of someone walking over. It was the blonde who I once saw with Anna a few days ago. She had her short blonde hair tied in a bun. Her short skirt accented her legs with the flat heels.

"Master calls for Abriana." She tells me when she reaches over. She pays too much respect to me like I wasn't younger than her. I look over to Anna before Abriana.

She sent a nod over my way and walks away upstairs back to the room. I wonder what he wanted to tell her but that was my least concern.

"What's your name, please?" I ask the blonde.

"Amelia." She answers. I immediately remember Anna mentioning someone named Amelia and I guessed she was the one.

She turns around on her heels and walks away outside.

"Does she always stay in a curtsy mood?" I ask Anna who comes to brush my hair off my face.

"No. She just likes to pay respect to anyone close to the master like you. She is just doing her job." She answers with a smile. A grin falls on my face as I take this opportunity to ask.

"Can you take me to where the staff stays?" I inquire. She nods, removing her apron.

"It's outside." She gently pats her hair down and guides me along the way Amelia walked by. I was eager to meet the rest of the people.

The cold drafts on my skin as we walk outside. New York sure was a chilly place. As we approach nearer, I see a small building insight. That must be the staff's quarters.

It was a very minimal building with assorted kinds of flowers surrounding its area. Anna pulls open the wooden door, the swift smell of coffee meeting me instantly.

I look around the small but beautiful house. The place had a small TV and a mini coffee maker planted around the corners.

A small but big couch was fixed facing the TV. Small pillows were everywhere messing the place. It was a small cozy place. But where were the bed and bathroom?

"I like here." I pull myself into the building and the clicking of the door followed by.

"Where are the people?" I question taking in the beautiful sight of the place.

"I don't know. They must be out doing their jobs." Anna bents to pick to scattered pillows off the floor and onto the couch.

"Where do you guys sleep?" My questions keep falling out of my lips that I couldn't help.

"On the couch and floor." She simply answers with scorn. I frown but don't say anything. She wasn't happy.