Levi didn't seem to understand so Lee Hyunjin said, "you want me to come with you but can you guarantee that you will protect my kids? I am weak, I can't protect them so what I'm saying is, if I go in there with you will my kids be safe?

I'm more than certain we will be attacked what I want to know is even if we are attacked will Minhee, Minjae and Minho be fine?"

Levi could only see Lee Hyunjins one black eye as the other was covered but he could see the determination etched in his pupil.

Lee Hyunjin seemed like a wimp and a pushover and it's not entirely wrong to say he is but when it came to the people he cared about, no one was more unmovable than him. That was the kind of person he was. Levi realised this, he thought, I may have underestimated him.

Levi knew Lee Hyunjin cared about the little beasts that stayed close to him, he didn't know what relation they were to him or how much he cared but after hearing Lee Hyunjin's words he understood.

Levi was the same with Artemis after all, he'd watched Artemis grow and become the magnificent creature he was, he wouldn't look down on another person who saw these nonhuman creatures as family.

Lee Hyunjin did not ask for his own safety, he asked for the safety of the children around him.

Levi smiled, it was a genuine smile, "Mr. Lee, I can guarantee the strength of not just myself but my entire team, we are not weak and we will do everything we can to make sure you all are safe."

Lee Hyunjin nodded his head, it wasn't a definite answer but it was enough for Levi to know he was seriously thinking about it.

Levi said, "think over it some more, but do rest, you are still in recovery."

"I will, thank you."

When Levi walked out, Lee Hyunjin felt his shoulders relax. He hadn't even realised how tense he'd gotten.

"Hohoho, strange human, I've never seen you be so serious, it's quite the site. I am impressed."

Lee Hyunjin had a face full of black lines, "Cer what are you doing here?"

Cerberus proudly threw his master under the bus, "my master told me to watch over you. He was worried about you."

"I see, I'm fine now, you may go," Lee Hyunjin said politely.

"I'd rather not, I prefer your company to my masters," Cerberus said.

Lee Hyunjin sighed, Cerberus sometimes seemed like an old man but on some days he was just like a little kid. "Then I'm going to sleep a bit more, keep the kids company please."

"Alright, sleep well strange human."
.
.
.
.
.
(A/N: my cute son, do you really think your crappy luck will just sit back and watch you get stronger? You underestimate me— ahem* it, you underestimate it too much.)

.
.
.
.

Later that day, a member of one of the squad he'd sent out returned in a hurry. His blonde hair was dishevelled and his breathing was chaotic, he literally jumped through the window and rushed over as fast as he could before slamming his hands down on Levi's desk and saying, "bad news"

Levi arched a brow at Riven who quickly realised that right now he was acting as a subordinate and not friend, "your highness," he immediately bowed, "the fourth hero, Ms.Lee Byeol has been taken captive."

"What do you mean?" Levi face remained unchanged but his tone was serious.

"She happened to be in our area as we were moving along, so just as you'd ordered us we kept surveillance of her whilst performing our tasks in that area.