𝗷𝗶𝘆𝗼𝗼 | love reigns

Mulai dari awal

As Yoohyeon ended her sentence with another sob, Minji felt as though a dagger had pierced through her heart. The realization was finally beginning to hit her: Yoohyeon was right. Their relationship, what little they had of one, even though they were in love; would now become nonexistent.

Minji could only sit in silence, staring into space, as Yoohyeon continued to sob. She couldn't wrap her head around the truth as well yet to process her sadness. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she had convinced herself that this day would never come, that it simply couldn't because they were too happy together. But Yoohyeon had known, and now that the truth was finally in front of them, she felt free to let out her frustrations in her tears.

Minji let Yoohyeon cry for a long time. She didn't know that she was capable of sitting still the way she did for so long, or that Yoohyeon was incapable of running out of tears, her sobs turning into wails that drove her to lean on Minji, clinging to the raven-haired girl's dress so tightly that Minji felt her corset strain uncomfortably and leaving tears dripping over both of their bodies.

Finally, what seemed like hours later, Yoohyeon's cries subsided to whimpers and Minji finally let her head drop to Yoohyeon's shoulder, exhausted. No one else in the castle had dared to interrupt them, as evidenced by the fact that silence had reigned in the hallway outside Yoohyeon's door the entire time they sat by it.

"I'm sorry." Minji was the first to speak, and the two simple words were all she could think of to offer.

"It was bound to happen," Yoohyeon whispered in response, "one day."

At that, Minji stood up carefully, though her legs felt like jelly when she did so, and offered her hand to Yoohyeon. "Well, we have two days left, my Princess, and I, for one, plan to make the most of it."

Yoohyeon gave Minji a pained half-smile and took her hand, standing up quite shakily and following Minji to the edge of Yoohyeon's bed, where they both sat down. Minji was still holding Yoohyeon's hand, and she turned to face the young princess. Gently, she reached out and brushed back the pieces of hair that had fallen out of Yoohyeon's braid, placing them behind her ear neatly.

"Promise me," Yoohyeon spoke as Minji let her hand fall, "that you won't forget how we feel right now and all the things we did?"

"I promise, Yooh," Minji whispered, using the sweet nickname she had given Yoohyeon when they first confessed their feelings for each other.

Yoohyeon half-smiled again. "And promise me one more thing, Minji?"

"Of course, my Princess, what's that?"

"That no matter who I marry, I will always be yours, and you will always be mine."

"Of course, my Princess. Of course."

"Say it for me, please, Minji," Yoohyeon asked, her voice breaking. "I want to hear you say that."

"I will always be yours, Kim Yoohyeon, and you will always be mine." As the loving words fell from Minji's lips, Yoohyeon finally met her gaze, her smile softening and becoming wider. Minji recognized the smile and felt one gracing her own face in anticipation.

Yoohyeon gently placed her left hand around the back of Minji's head, cradling her face with the same kindness and care that Minji had come to know and expect whenever acts of intimacy were exchanged between them. But somehow, it seemed even more intense than usual. "I love you," Yoohyeon whispered softly, drawing closer to Minji's face so that their lips brushed against each other when she spoke.

"I love you too," Minji replied, her words saturated with an undeniable truth and meaning that Yoohyeon craved. She suddenly felt as though she would never hear the words spoken so sincerely again, but she pushed those thoughts out of her mind just as quickly as they appeared, opting instead to lean in further and seal the gap between them with a sweet, gentle kiss.