Chapter Five - Normal Student-kun

Start from the beginning

"That's not what it sounds like..." Keisei frowned.

"Perhaps I judged you the wrong way, Ayanokoji-kun!" Hoshinomiya gasped.

While I was being judged in numerous ways for alleged relations with my kouhai, Kei was sitting silently, glaring at the cheeky red-head sitting in the front row. If Amasawa wasn't raised in the White Room, I'd be worried about her safety right now.

"Tell us straight, kouhai, is there something going on between you and Kiyopon?" Haruka interrogated Amasawa.

Instead of giving an answer, Amasawa started giggling uncontrollably. Please don't make this any worse than it already is...

"Did you just call Ayanokoji-senpai 'Kiyopon'?" Amasawa managed to get this question out through her unrelenting giggling.

"Yeah, it's a cute nickname for him, what about it?" Haruka appeared to be getting angry.

Finally, Amasawa took an overly exaggerated deep breath and stopped her laughter.

"I'm sorry, senpai, it's just that name...well it suits him perfectly, right Ayanokoji-senpai?," Amasawa asked.

Now I understood. For a student of the White Room, hearing their greatest pupil be nicknamed 'Kiyopon' must be quite humorous.

"I also apologise for the misunderstanding. There's nothing romantic between me and 'Kiyopon.'"

It looked like Amasawa had finished having her fun.

With that admission, those that had been asking me questions had no more reason to doubt me. Kei's glare, however, hadn't ceased at all. Amasawa had noticed this and was making herself look as innocent as possible.

"That kouhai is pretty irritating," Haruka muttered before leaning in to talk to me, "Hey Kiyopon, how do you know her?"

"I had to cook her a meal for the joint exam at the start of the term,"

"What? Why?" Akito had heard me and joined in.

"That was her condition for partnering with Sudo," I shrugged.

"That must mean she has quite a high academic ability then," Keisei mused, "But what an incredibly odd request."

"Apparently, she likes home-cooked meals," I replied.

"Still, normally people would ask for private points, right?" Haruka asked.

That logic only applied to 'normal' people.

"Well, she is just a first-year. Perhaps she didn't understand the importance of private points at that stage." Keisei suggested.

"Or maybe she did actually take a liking to you Kiyotaka," Akito said with a grin.

"I doubt it. I don't think she liked my cooking much."

"Do you cook a lot, Kiyopon?" Haruka asked.

"Yeah, but it's normally just for me so I don't make much of an effort."

"Can we try your cooking sometime?"

"Sure."

"Wahoo!" Haruka cheered.

I'd never cooked for a group this large before but I guess it would help me practise.

After what seemed like an age, the video finally continued.

While I privately doubted that such pampered students could develop into fine, upstanding adults, it would be wise to make the best of the situation for now. My room was about eight tatami mats wide. Also, though this was a dorm, it was the first time I'd lived alone. I refused to have any contact with the outside world until graduation. Considering my situation, I unintentionally cracked a smile.