CHAPTER 59

Vyxen Saichi Skanska

Cheery vibe turned into a misty one. Wide smiles for warm greeting flunked down and wrinkles covered my forehead as soon as my eyes caught my man's figure standing next to my dad—seemingly being summoned too, at the mansion. Bakit siya narito?

Did my dad bribe some things with him? Or throw some sort of threats at him? Just so he could be convinced to leave me?

Fuck, Ganoon ba yon?

For pete's sake, wala kami sa teleserye!

But...

Knowing dad, he could do that kind of insanity because he's too fond of pairing me with Hunter. He's the best man for him. And I doubted if he could easily let go of his favor to him for me.

The thoughts rambling inside my head left when dad burst out laughing at the moment I scooted over their direction. "Anong nakakatawa, dad?" takang ani ko rito. At bigla akong kinabahan sa kanyang pagtawa, mas lumalakas pa tuloy ang conviction ko na may dire negotiation na ino-offer si dad kay Yvio.

"Yong mukha mo anak," he retorted with a matter-of-fact tone. And came across enjoying the details of my face gushed with furrows and churned with bleak emotions. "Stop theorizing that I was up something bad with your man."

"How could I? You've already meddled with my affairs years ago, dad. Remember Hendrick?" The guy who happened to be my type and tried to court me. Our romance didn't still bloom yet he allotted sort of spooky tactics to that dude just for him to back off pursuing me. Just for the sake of his sailing ships for me and Hunter. Ganoon kalala ang pagkagusto niya sa kanya.

But then, I couldn't blame dad for that. Hunter's such a kind man. A man whom you could entrust your daughter if ever you have one. He's almost perfect but sadly not perfectly match for me. Kung anumang nararamdaman ko sa kanya, sigurado akong hanggang doon na lang yon at wala nang hihigit pa ron. Therefore, the hopes dad has for us will never ever reap out something about love.

"Oh that Hendrick man. Of course, he's kind of coward. Parang tinakot ko lang na ipu-pull off ang investment natin sa company nila ay 'di na nanindigan sayo at umatras sa pagpupursi—" Frankly, that scenario wasn't a big deal for me because all I ever wanted before was to hook up. Ngunit iba na ang sitwasyon ngayon, seryoso ako kay Yvio.

"Dad! Are you implying that you're using ridiculous tactics aga—argh, gosh! We're not youngsters anymore for you to use that and meddle with my romance."

"Calm down, Saichi," Yvio whispered as he gently snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. "Nag-uusap lang kami. And I intentionally come here to see your father."

Siya ang pumunta? Hindi si dad ang nagpapunta sa kanya? "Bakit naman?"

"May hiningi siya sa akin. Pormal na permiso para payagan ko ang relasyon niyo."

"Ganoon?" I exchanged stares to the both of them and they gave me a nod. "Talaga? There's n—"

"Wala nga anak. Tapos na ako riyan. Binantaan ko na siy—"

"Seriously, Dad?" I snapped.

Dad chuckled. "Biro lang."

Thereupon, we had a dinner and Yvio was introduced as my boyfriend to the other members of the family. They seemed to be shock. They didn't see it coming. Especially, when the person they always have in mind to end up with me is Hunter. They wanted to ask questions, really. The reflection of confusion was seen in their eyes, seemingly needing an explanation for enlightenment. But then, they stopped the urge to do so as they didn't want to uprise any whiffs of offending my man.