"That's fine. I'm not competing here." Hiru shrugged, staring at Death. "Anyway, I have a question." Pag-iiba nito ng usapan.

Nagsitinginan silang lahat kay Hiru.

"Spill it." Ruckus impatiently spoke.

"Would you still love and accept your woman if she end up invalid? Like if she can't walk and she'll be bound in the wheelchair— for example," tanong nito na nagpakunot ng noo nilang lahat.

"Why?" His brother Pyrmont asked, straightening in his sit. "Are you in love with someone who can't walk?"

Nangalumababa si Hiru saka naningkit ang singkit na nitong mga mata. "No, but I just thought about it when I visited one therapy center for veterans that lost legs. I saw men and women who were alone because their partners left them because they break a leg— literally. They are amputees."

"I wouldn't leave if my woman end up crippled," Rasmus answered. "I mean, I did not love her because of her legs. So if she lost it, it's still her. So, really I don't understand those shitheads that left their partner when one lost a leg, an arm, or end up invalid. I mean, you love a person not because of that one part of their body but the whole. If one part of her goes missing or breaks you still have the rest of her that you can keep, right?"

Nagsitanguan ang mga kaibigan niya.

Siya naman ay napabuntong-hininga.

"How 'bout you Ruck?" Hiru asked, eyes on him.

Minasahe ni Ruckus ang noo. "I don't really know..."

"What the fuck do you mean by that?" Hiru narrowed his eyes on him, suddenly his friend's eyes are sharp.

Ruckus sighed. "Look, I don't know. And I don't want to imagine my ma chérie in that state. I mean—" He shook his head, "I will love her nonetheless but the mere thought of her not being able to walk will be too much to bear for her. I can accept her, it's just... Sunset is a strong woman and doesn't depend on anyone, and for her to depend on someone like that would really crush her. And that, I am not ready to deal with. I can be with her, take care of her, love her no less but would my love be enough for her to accept herself? To depend on me and be happy? Or I'll just end up watching her slowly slips away?"

Ilang sandali na hindi nakaimik ang mga kaibigan niya bago bumuga ng hangin si Hiru.

"Good to hear that but yeah, it would suck if your woman will slowly slip away before your eyes because your love isn't enough for her to think there are still ways to be happy despite the changes in her," saad nito.

Tinapik ng kapatid niya ang binti niya.

"Don't get depressed now. It was just a question. Sunset is fine. She might be kicking asses right now."

Ruckus just gave bleak smile. I hope so...

Nanatili ang kapatid at mga kaibigan niya ng halos isang oras pa bago ang mga ito nagpaalam na aalis na dahil inaantok na ang mga ito.

"Don't touch him, Hiru." Paalala niya sa kaibigan ng lumapit ulit ito kay Death.

"Dang bud, even the hand?" Tanong nito.

Inis siyang lumapit sa mesa na nasa tabi ng kama ni Death at kinuha ang spray alcohol.

"Held your hand." Busangot na utos niya dito. "I don't know why you always want to touch Death but fuck you. This will be the last."

Hiru just gave him a wide grin.

Matapos niyang wisikan ang kamay nito ng alcohol ay tulad ng lagi nitong ginagawa pag-aalis na ito ay hinawakan nito ang kamay ni Death.