Chapter 12

Louie's P.O.V

I hold her tight in my arms as she gets heavier and then she's barley moving. One of the machines start beeping and the doctor walks in placing a mask on her face. I look at him, "What's wrong," I say watching him as he studies the machine, "Her oxygen levels are quite lower than I would like she just needs to keep the mask on for now and rest." He says, then walks out.

I hear the door open and me and Em look up to see who it is. 

Police are outside, and I see Zack and Olly in handcuffs. I feel Em grab my arm and I squeeze her hand. What the hell did they do now? I ask myself shaking my head as Olly catches my eye and grins, a typical cheeky Olly grin. "God, I've got to go sort this out," I sigh and look at Em, "I'll be back in a moment." 

She nods, and I get up and walk out of the door towards Olly and Zack, "Is Emma okay?" Zack asks as soon as I get to them, clearly not as relaxed as Olly. "For the moment but the doctor is still concerned." 

They both relax. I look around at the police and their handcuffs and then back at them. Olly is holding his wrist and I can see Zack's in a lot of pain holding his chest, "What the hell did you guys do?" I ask Olly in particular. He sniggers, "Frank ran off down to the others, we ran after him and found him and tackled him to the floor, so he couldn't escape from the police. Then the police arrived and handcuffed us and Frank to take to the station, where Frank is now, and we got let out for now after we told them what happened," he says and then look down at his wrists, "We've got to keep these on though until they've talked to Em and we have been fully cleared." 

I shake my head at him but smile, it's good to hear that Frank getting punished, but for what he did to Em, but it's never enough. "You guys alright," I say looking at Zack more now. He winces but he nods, "I'm good," and Olly says he's fine too.

I take Olly to talk privately. "What is it? You look like your gonna throw up bro?" he says to me. I swallow guiltily, trying to think of a way to tell him. He looks more worried this time, "bro, your scaring me. Wait, is it Em?" I put my face in my hands, "Frank's been threatening and hurting Em for months, since he first starting dating mum." I say barely managed to say the words. 

Olly stops, the smile now vanished off his face, "What?" he says stunned. "The doctor went to check her pulse and she-she has scars and bruises all up her arms and waist, some from as early as last night and some from months ago. Olly, we didn't even fricking notice that our own sister was being attacked every night." I say collapsing back against the wall. 

 He looks at me as if he has just seen a ghost and falls back with me sitting on the ground, speechless. "He threatened her if she told anyone and she said she didn't want mum to go back to how broken she was after dad, he's manipulated her so much she's blaming herself and trying to apologize for him." There's silence, neither of us able to speak until Olly goes pale and gets up saying, "I think I'm gonna throw up," and then disappears into the toilets. I just stay sat there, unable to move like I'm frozen in time or something.

Emma P.O.V

After Louie leaves, my mum comes in, in a heap as I tell her everything. She says she wants to kill Frank, but I know deep down that she is heartbroken. She gets called to the police station soon after to be interviewed. I'm going to have to do that soon, I think then try and push the thought away. I hear the door open and I try and sit up to see who it is.

It's Zack. He walks up to me grinning, looking drop dead gorgeous and I suddenly get butterflies in my stomach. "Hey, you okay?" he asks softly. I pull of the mask, "Thanks to you," I smile, and he grins even wider. It's that grin that make me melt. 

He sits down next to me and I try to push myself up. I notice him wincing as he bends to sit down. "Hey what happened? It wasn't Frank was it," I ask worry surging through me, "I didn't want anyone else getting hurt because of me." He shakes his head, "I'm fine, I promise," he says stroking my cheek, "I'm not the one in the hospital bed," he smirks, and I pull his mouth to mine, pressing my lips to his. 

He immediately starts kissing me back. I wrap my arms around his neck. I have to pull back a few seconds later because I don't have the breath. He passes me the mask and I take it, putting it back on and wrapping my arms around his chest instead. He wraps his arms around me, pushing me further into him. I breathe in the familiar smell and wipe away the tears slipping down my cheeks. 

"It over, all of this now, he won't ever be allowed near to you again," he whispers in my ears. I sit back, "But have you seen my mum, she's broken again, and Louie is blaming himself and everything's fallen apart still because of me," I cry. 

Zack looks me in the eye tracing his hand over my cheek, "This is not because of you okay, please understand that and things will get better, everyone is just in shock right now. I'm here for you though," I manage a smile and Zack presses his lips to my forehead. 

"I've got to leave," he lifts up his hands, showing the handcuffs and I laugh, "I'm still under arrest until everyone is interviewed," he carries on, "I don't even think I'm supposed to be in here." I manage a laugh as he grins at me. "I love you," he mouths before leaving and I lie back on the bed smiling.