Chapter 7

Eventually, everything is silent and I lay in bed, staring up at the ceiling, lost within deep thoughts. I can't sleep. 

I glance over at my phone, the blearing lights blind me for a second and I rub my eyes as the screen becomes in focus again. 6:45 it reads. Ugh. I flop back, I can't sleep with it being so stuffy and hot in here. I look towards the window at the cold, fresh air. 

I need to go out – a walk usually puts me into the right mind set. I quietly stand up and shove a top, pair of jeans and coat on and tie my hair into a bun. I wonder if Zack is having the same problem, I think to myself as I close the door quietly behind me.

The cold air is refreshing and immediately a cool relaxing sensation pours over me like water. I slowly pace along the paths, I try to keep to the ones I recognise from with Zack earlier and the ones on the main road so I don't get lost. 

I think over all that happened. 2 months ago I had hardly ever had a serious relationship and tonight I've had 2 boys tell me they love me? Like how does that even happen? I've always had feelings for Brandon but it's different with Zack, it makes me think as if those feelings with Brandon were maybe just friendly, but at the same time after he ended the facetime with me earlier – after breaking up with me – I just can't seem to get him of my mind either. 

He's been a big part of my life for so long, I don't know if I'm ready to lose that. He's helped me through so much and I don't know what I would do without him. 

But, Zack, he makes me feel different. Every time I look at him or think of him my heart flares so much, I think it will burst and every kiss and every touch makes butterflies crowd my stomach. It makes me jittery inside and gives me this feeling I've never felt before; when I'm with him it just feels right. 

I thought once I ended things with Brandon, I wouldn't be confused but now I'm even more confused than ever. I want to be with Zack, but is that realistic? How could we make it work?

Before I know it, I'm back at the hotel. I sneak back through the door and look my watch 8:00, I jump as I see Zack waiting by the door. I'm embarrassed to see him again after everything that happened  last night. 

"Zack? Why are you up?" I ask surprised. He grins, the grin that makes my heart immediately start pounding and my cheeks flush, and steps closer to me, so I can feel his breaths on my cheek as he whispers, "I couldn't sleep so I knocked on your door this morning and you weren't there, I wanted to check you were alright." 

His words make my heart melt in two. I look up at him, smiling, "I've just been out, I had to think, about what happened last night." He grins wider, waiting for me to carry on, "I was a bit messed up with everything that went on and I wanted to be sure what I felt wasn't just because of that." I take his hands and he swallows nervously. 

"The truth is I do, I love you too and it's the most real thing I've ever felt before and I am sorry for not saying it last night or noticing it earlier," I say and it's like a weight that I didn't even know I was carrying has been lifted off my shoulders because its true and I'm fully sure of it now.

He grins, and grabs my hand, pulling me into his chest and wrapping his arms around me. Everywhere where his body touches mine, burns with this unimaginable electricity and my heart pounds so hard against my rib cage, I'm convinced it's going to break through. 

"Thanks for checking on me," I mutter to him and he kisses the top of my head in response.

Suddenly I hear a car pull up outside and footsteps and we quickly separate, putting some unwanted space between us. It's my brothers. "Em!"  Olly shouts, I turn around smiling as I see him get out. I turn round smiling, 

"Remember you promised me last night about telling them about Frank," Zack whispers quickly to me from behind, nod. "I will," I whisper, "just not right now." 

He nods in agreement.