"I understand that those kids, Beomgyu and Taehyun, don't deserve to die young. I clapped my hands on the argument between Kai and Beomgyu when your boyfriend said that deities of death like me are portrayed as evil, but we're not! He's damn right, and you got yourself a nice boyfriend!" The God started laughing, and his deep, huge voice make it sounds frightening.

"T-thank you?" It feels terrifying for Yeonjun that the deity is surprisingly happy and amused. He is expecting that the deity will be angry at him.

"Rules are made as a guide. My rules serve as a test for every grim reaper, and you're different from any other grim reaper I met. You exceeded my expectations, and you never took advantage of your ability to seek revenge. Now that you met Beomgyu, I will let you experience how beautiful this life is. I am giving you a second chance to live, my favorite grim reaper." The God of Death raised his staff that brings too much brightness to Yeonjun's sight.

~~

Beomgyu stayed up all night beside Yeonjun, and his best friend came back in the morning. The two saw how Yeonjun's index finger started moving. Soobin immediately called a doctor while Beomgyu is waiting if his boyfriend will be awake.

"He's awake. You can try to talk to him but do not force him to remember everything. Take it slow for him because his memory could be fuzzy. I will come back in the evening." The doctor said before leaving.

"Will he be able to retain his memories when he was a grim reaper?" Beomgyu worriedly asked.

"He will, soon, just like Kai." Soobin went in with his best friend, and they are both staring at Yeonjun.

He looks a bit matured, compared to his grim reaper look since he is technically a 22-year-old man in the present. Yeonjun is looking at them with confusion on his face. His parted bangs on his forehead and his raven hair make his pale skin evident.

"I-I don't have anyone since my best friend died. Who are you?" Yeonjun mumbled.

Beomgyu feels sad, and he can't think of what to say.

"Hey bunny boy, you look familiar," Yeonjun pointed to Soobin, and the two thought he can remember them now. "You look like Choi Soohyun," He added.

The thought of Yeonjun having a sad memory with his brother saddens Soobin. "I'm his younger brother, and I am also your friend. Don't worry because I won't betray you. I'm sorry for what he did to you," Soobin frowned.

"I never met Soohyun's brother, I mean you. Don't apologize on behalf of your brother. I'm sorry if I don't remember both of you." Yeonjun pouted.

"It's fine, and take your time to recover. You could also ask us some questions if you want, Yeonjun," Soobin said, and it made the older raise his eyebrow because Yeonjun is technically older. "I mean, Yeonjun-hyung. I'm sorry, hehe," Soobin shyly said.

"How about you? Are you a mute? You don't look familiar at all, tiny bear," Yeonjun feels weird from calling Beomgyu that. "Tiny bear? Why does it sound familiar?"