Chapter 3: Escape to the great temple city

With the defeat and losing the city of Quetzla. Lord Kraqakot manages to escape, as he rides his personal triceratops. with the lone chameleon scout, Ekzorirz who rides the reserved gallimimus just for her. along with hundreds remaining army of his defenders, who under the order of Lord Kraqakot, when he sees things are falling apart, he ordered a complete retreat to the north gate. as they have to escape before they become prisoners, as he has to warn the threat to the great capital city of the lizardmen which is Itza.

After all the northern gate, is the escape route if things go bad, and the defenders are unable to defend. then this is the only answer then. with bad performance that did not favor the lizardmen defenders on the Saderan siege of the city. Lord Kraqakot decided to let his forces retreat, as they have no time to scorch earth the city at all, as time is short, as they are about to advance anytime soon, but civilians will be caught up in this whole mess.

So what's the remaining of his forces begin to retreat, as they will have to report the situation to their capital. there is a dirt path that could lead them there. despite how far Quetzla to the great temple city of Inca is. there is a lot of cities they have to pass by. the council of cuatl needs to believe what just happened in his city, in order to make them send more types of reinforcement in order to reclaim the city before they begin to expand further to a neighboring city.

So they have to take the shortcut roads. which is where the second dirt road leads on. but before that, they have to change the sign to which leads on to the west. in order to prevent the enemy comes to the city. but there must be something to consider, as it was about morals. would you prefer to sacrifice 2 cities to your enemy or more in order to save only one? which is a tough decision. but thinking again that the west road will lead them to unwanted traps, as carnivorous dinosaurs will come and make them into their meal.

So the sign is unchanged, and let them there as it is. so they begin to go to the west road, and then travel north to there. as a shorter road lead to Itza is there. whatever it is the Saderan are up to if they ever enter this road, a tyrannosaurus will come to kill them, or many other carnivorous or large hostile herbivore is about to kill them.

Meanwhile, the Saderan are not chasing them, as they are about to enjoy the wealth they could loot in their newly conquered city. along with it, they need to wait for more of their army to come from the gate. as more come from the gate, with the news of the successful siege of Quetzla. Now they are going to investigate more of this city, along with capturing any slaves they could like the lizardmen civilians, and track the promised wealth that their elven scout has brought them, which is the temple, where that dark elves scout manage to steal one of the lizardmen golds are.

the plan to continue on to the next city is about to commence soon. with other legates will lead their army to conquer other neighboring cities and expand the Saderan influences further and further to this new world beyond the gate.

West Road, En route to Itza

On the roads, as they went to a neighboring city, they begin to warn everyone, to evacuate, or defend the city. as time might also tell how long till they will come to the neighboring city next to Queztla, due to someone used to report of a missing map of Vieretnria, that was stolen. that means they could know the further location of cities to attack next, but they might want to head north for the neighboring city for them to invade and loot.

In the road to head to Itza, it seems like progress seems to be slow. yet the Saderan's are unable to capture them at all. as they clearly lose track of the escaped survivor. they might be busy try to ransacked the temple richness and taking slaves of lizardmen there. since raping them is something they considered weird as none of them have actual beauty, so some just decided to kill them on sigh in a nutshell, as they are too ugly to be raped and they are a bunch of reptiles, not a mammal either like the rest of the demihumans they knew.