Chapter 6

LAWD! College and their homework on spring break lol. I've been typing over the month but I usually deleted it cause It just didn't feel right to me. Hopefully this does. Since everyone wants me to update and I want to update too, here OwO! I Swear next chapter is about to have some Action lol I have so much planned for this story and it's only suppose to be a short story XD I'm messing up dangit!

----------------------------------------------------------

"See? Its not that hard." Nyx told me, his hand wrapped around mines that held onto the skillet. The egg frying in it on the low fire by the stove. The cloth around my palm to keep from burning myself against the heating iron.

"Mmm.." Nyx pushed my hand forward some, the small egg that was scrambled with ingredients sliding up some. He nudged at my hand again pulling the iron back so it fried nicely all around.

"You'll have to make sure it doesn't stick to the skillet though. That could become hectic when cooking and cleaning." Nyx informed. His body pushed against my back, his tall figure leaning over me showing me direction.

"Do I do this to everything?" I questioned not sure if to make all kinds of food I would need to rotate the skillet constantly.

"It depends honestly." His hand unfolded from mines reaching over to the counter getting a plate. His warm hand grabbed mines moving it to the spatula forcing me to fold the egg, press it down against the fire on both sides and place on the plate. "Here you go." He distanced himself from me, the plate being pushed into my hands.

"I can eat this?"

"Why else would I hand it to you?" He chuckled putting the fire out on the stove and moved the skillet around.

"But I'm suppose to cook for you." I informed trying to hand it back but he refused.

"Technically I cooked it so I'm giving it to you." He smirked flicking a piece of my hair playfully. I frowned some but took the plate with the freshly made omelet. It wasn't like I was still hungry or anything..

It was mostly like this for the remaining of the day. Nyx educated me on cooking, cleaning, and even read me a book helping me sound out a few words. Some things were frustrating but he helped me through it.

He was well educated, on top of that an fantastic cook. He worked, though I don't know where but father did say he was self-established......But his face was like no other, and no matter how long I stared I couldn't help but notice more to him. Nyx being handsome, and his eyes having the beauty of gems, I just didn't get it sometimes.

How someone like him could be lonely enough to want a farm boy like me?

He said he knew I was a guy and that he'd asked my father about me, but why? How did Nyx even know about me out of twelve kids? It wasn't like I went to town a lot either, nor did I ever leave past the pond. It was too much of a hassle for father, also we didn't have much money for town.