𝟸𝟶. 𝙼𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚕𝚜 𝙵𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐

Start from the beginning

"I mean," He raked a hand through his white streaked hair. "He talked to me and Quackity after the meeting."

"And?"

"11 and a half."

Wilbur turned away from me and me him. A part of me ached to talk to him, comfort him like we did before. There had to be something under this madness brought forth by the presidency. But his eyes showed only determination. And I knew what that determination was for.

The people were filing out to the stage, and I took a breath before speaking when I was sure no one would hear us.

"You hate Wilbur don't you?" I asked.

Fundy's eyes grew distant. "Why ask?"

An open window lifted my hair, the cool wind flowing around us almost in warning. I finally turned back fully my eyes locked on him. "Wilbur has made a mutually beneficial deal with Dream. He will blow up L'manburg, so Dream could have it gone."

This time the wind didn't still. It only picked up. Fundy's face didn't go slackened or teary, only a swallow and clench of his jaw. I could tell there was suspicions in his head too. He must have heard that old saying to never ask for last words--never only if u had a secured victory. Fundy had been wondering the same as her what that victory may be in his eyes. He just didn't have the previous information that Dream lied about Wilbur not in league with him.

"So he's the traitor." Fundy finally said, he didn't ask.

I didn't wait to give him the information and evidence I already had. I glazed over the last words, but honed in on Dream's lies, the only irrefutable evidence I had.

The hybrid fell ghostlike, "Why are you telling me this..."

"You are the only one I can trust with this information at the moment." I pushed off the counter, my hands fiddling with the hilt of a dagger. "Dream knows I can't just walk up and kill Wilbur. I don't even-I don't know if I could. I would be labeled public enemy number 1, no hard evidence to examine, I would be destroying every friendship I ever had."

Fundy took a deep breath, "I'll go."

"Fundy-"

His jaw grew set and he suddenly took me by my shoulders into a bone crushing hug. I was surprised at first, my hand went for my strapped sword but slowly fell down. This was very out of character for him. "They don't like me anyways." He laughed a little, "I know where the detonation room is, you don't. Try to get everyone out. Wilbur would most likely only line the dynamite in governmental sectors, but the blast radius is big." His hug grew tighter for just a second, and I found my arms raising to brush his back. "Ill try to talk him out of it."

I noticed the change in his words. Fundy never promised to kill him, and I don't think he ever could. Even I still had something in me that yearned for acceptance from him, appreciation and love.

Breaking away from him my lips thinned. "Are you sure?"

"Yes."

Lies. Lies. Lies.

Fundy let go of me, and started his walk to the door. My heart lurched just a bit. I could get them out, I could try. Fundy would be in the safe zone behind the explosion. The rest of us were in danger on governmental grounds.