𝟾. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑

A/N

You will have a choice this chapter so pay close attention.

ت

My one true goal since that little spark of inspiration was to get Wilbur Soot accustomed to his prisoner. Too give me more privileges than one would normally be allowed. And if I'm completely honest with myself, it hasn't been going particularly well. Wilbur at the moment had found himself on the bed he supplied to me casually propping his head up with a fist.

The man had not stopped staring at me.

I had tried everything. I threatened him, I made jokes, I even stayed silent. Wilbur never took his eyes off me. Whatever his angle was it made me irritated, but at this point just confused.

He must think to wait me out. There's no other explanation. The way hes contraining himself from torture to get information suggests he needs me to be healthy. But what would be worth this much time taken for my cooperation?

Wil can't be far from control for long. I have seen firsthand what would happen if power was taken away from him, even in the smallest situations.

Shifting my head up, my hair fell away from my face. I had lost count of how many times he had visited me. Every time Wilbur arrived he brought my meals for the day. The only thing is that there was no pattern. I could not discern what day it was anymore.

My eyes narrowed after a long silence. Hesitantly I poked at my food, most uneaten due to the prying eyes. I glanced sidelong at him, "How long have I been in here anyways?" I had tried to frame it curiously but I couldn't stop an edge of nerves seeping into my tone.

Wilbur surprisingly answered, checking his pocket watch. I stifled a shiver at the memory lodged in my gut.

7 minutes and 24.6 seconds.

Too slow.

"About..." He tilted his head at the watch to see it better, his brown waves falling upon his brow. "5 days."

Without completely meaning too I jumped from the bed, shivering from the sudden cold away from his warmth.

Heaving breaths I looked down to my hands. 5 days. 5 days have passed. 5 days in the week I was allowed to kill them. I might even have to add another day from the Technoblade fight if Wil didn't count it. Tubbo must be-

Tubbo.

Wilbur stiffened, his heartbeat picking up in excitement, "Tubbo?"

My own spine locked. I turned to him with utter caution.

I said that outloud.

The man swept up from his own place on the bed approaching me like a scared lamb. I must have looked startled at his movement because he palmed my face with a hand and smiled gently. I told myself I didn't have the strength to move away. I told myself it was better for my 'plan'.

Nevertheless I knew a small part of me reveled in his touch.

Friend? Enemy? Something else?

I swallowed, looking away from him. Part of me didn't care. Part of me wanted it. I wanted to give in, I wanted to sweep into his hold and sleep. Sleep for hours. Days. Wake up and burn the world with refueled fire... burn it with him.