Then, a very unearthly creature began to slither out of the tenth grade science room. It was partly human, or the top half was. The bottom half, however, was a different story. Where legs were supposed to be, two snake like trunks just plopped out of the body. The skin was green and scaly. As she moved closer towards us, she seemed to both slither and walk at the same time.

"Fucking run." I mumbled and grabbed Audrey's hand.

We turned around and started sprinting towards the other end of the school. I heard the slithering of the creature, which meant it was following us. I skidded to a halt in front of the Wood Shop class room. I ran in and grabbed the nearest saw I could find. I turned on the power and chucked it at the monster.

It hissed at me as the saw hit it.

The spot where I had hit the monster seemed to be healing as I stood there dumbfounded.

"Did it just fucking regenerate?" Audrey asked.

Just then, the new kid, Nico, came sprinting down the hallway to the right of us, holding a sword...? Nothing made sense. He skidded to a stop between us and the monster.

"Ssssssson of Hadessss... Are you here to sssssave thesssse worthlesssssss demigodsssss?" The creature actually spoke.

"What don't you shut the hell up for once and stay in Tartarus for a few millennial?" Nico growled, just as he lunged forward and stabbed the creature.

"I don't think that's gonna work..." I muttered, as the creature turned into a golden dust.

Nico scoffed as he turned around to face us. "We need to get the hell out of here before more pop up."

"Um, excuse me, but we barely know you and what the hell was that thing and why didn't it get hurt when Beatrice chucked a fucking saw at it?" Audrey blurted out.

"That's a long story, but I need you to trust me on this and come with me so I can get you two out of here safely. I'll tell you on the way to Camp, but, in the meantime, I can drive you two to your houses so you can pack literally anything you think you'll need." Nico sighed.

I stared at him. "Do you honestly think th-"

Audrey stepped on my foot. "You say more of those things will pop up if we don't leave?"

Nico nodded.

"Well, come on then! I don't wanna die today." Audrey sighed.

Nico glanced at me. "Okay."

He began to walk back down the way he came, towards the exit, his sword hanging at his side. Audrey and I followed helplessly. We reached the parking lot and Nico led us to his car. I took shotgun and Audrey sat in the back.

"So, where do you live?" Nico asked.

"Well, we're neighbors so all you have to do is get out of the school, turn left, go straight until you reach Forest, turn right and we're the first two houses." I sighed.

Nico nodded and started the car.

I rested my head against the window and began to think of what had just happened. A complete stranger, pretty attractive, might I add, had just saved my best friend since first grade and I from some snake lady monster. Perfect.

"Wait, what about our parents?" Audrey asked.

Nico's lips quirked up. "Your parents should know the minute I mention a camp. They are the ones who got you into this mess."

"I don't think my mom would care much. I can tell she wants me out of the house for a good long while." I sighed.

Then, we pulled up in front of my house and I got out of the car, Audrey and Nico following.