Chapter Four: Cedric's apprentice

Start from the beginning

'All I need to do is swipe that amulet,' he made a fake one appear, 'then I will show them who I am, you bet. Once I have the jewel, I can use its power to take the king's crown, it'll be my finest hour!'

He had made a crown appear and placed it on his head and the amulet around his neck. He made a stool and pillow float and made it into a throne. 

'They can tell me I'm no good and call me second rate, but soon they'll see I'm meant to be, King Cedric the Great!'

He floated down a corridor and I followed. Down the stairs was a model of the castle along with some toy guards. Oh, he's been planning this for a while. I made the guards come to life. 

'When you're the king, everyone will bow and only do the things King Cedric will allow. Every spell you cast will always go as planned and those who used to tease you will be at your command!' I sang smiling.

"Thank you, (Y/N)," Cedric said smiling.

'One trick will show them all Cedric isn't second rate. We kiss the ring of our new king! King Cedric! King Cedric the Great!' me and the guards sang.

There was a knock at the door and Cedric fell to the floor. Baileywick appeared.

"Cedric, all this noise is disturbing the King's supper, please keep it down!" Baileywick said before leaving.

I sat next to Cedric.

'They can tell me I'm no good and call me second rate, but soon they'll see I'm meant to be... King Cedric the Great...' Cedric sang

We just sat there when the castle suddenly blew up, "Merlin's Mushrooms."

So, the next morning, Sofia came for her first lesson. But first, she was asked to tidy up while we finished the invisibility potion. Cedric put the last ingredient in and the potion was finished. But the cauldron started shaking and something shot in the air. It exploded making confetti rain down. He decided to continue it later. So, time to teach Sofia. She wanted to know how to turn a rock into a ruby. It's easy enough. I don't see why she's having trouble with it. But Cedric showed her what to do and she got it right. And that's when Baileywick walked in.

After insulting Cedric on his magic, Baileywick told him that Roland needed him. Cedric seemed nervous at the mention of Roland. We went into the courtyard where Roland and Mum were waiting for us. Roland revealed that we'll be having a royal guest stay at the castle, King Magnus, and asked Cedric to change the gargoyles into something more inviting. Cedric suggested golden horses which Roland agreed to. I gave Cedric his wand and he tried the spell. But it turned into a real flying horse!

Cedric wanted to try again but Roland told him not to bother and that no one is as gifted as his father. So, they'll just clean up the rest of the palace and hope King Magnus doesn't look up. I'm more sorry for Cedic than anything else. He is really trying to do his best then, the next thing you know, he messes it up and they don't let him try again. Yes, no one can be as gifted as his father but that doesn't mean he isn't trying. We went back to his tower. He was still feeling awful.

I guess it's because he was compared to his father. No child or person should have that on their shoulders. He's most likely lived with that his whole life. Sofia asked about his father. He was the previous royal sorcerer before Cedric. Saved Roland's dad's life nine and a half times. Meanwhile, Cedric hasn't done that yet. Not even once. Not even half. How do you half save someone's life is my question. I'll ask later. Because Sofia accidentally poured a potion on herself and changed into a lizard!