22. The Angel's demise.

En başından başla

"No Dan, I won't eat anything until I see Magnus safe and sound. I don't know how he is. And munchkin, what if something happens..." He trailed off and a teardrop fell on his tiresome face. The dark shadows under his dull eyes were a clear indication that he hadn't slept at all.

Hey," Daniel reached out and held Alec's hand resting on the table. "Look, I won't say that I understand but Alec, if you want to find your husband you need to be strong. We had no idea where he could be, they all could be. What if you need to fight? You lost a lot of strength yesterday."

"He's right big brother, eat!" A deep sigh left Daniel's nose when everyone walked into the dining area, holding a mug of tea or coffee in their hands.

"Iz-"

"No arguing, Alec. After yesterday, we can't let our emotions take over our actions. I never thought Max could..." She lowered her gaze and unconsciously rubbed the rim of her mug.

"Hey..." Alec stood up, walked towards Izzy, and wrapped her in a gentle hug. "It wasn't Max and we all know that, Izzy. They're.. they're not themselves."

"And we need to figure out how to bring them back." Jace added, "Look Alec, I can feel your pain and I understand. Clary's in his grasp too and... we need to do something before they lose themselves in Kasper's darkness and we lose them for good. But you need to feed yourself first. Being stubborn won't help here."

"Fine!" Alec sighed, picked up a plate, and filled it with toast, omelet, and bacon then walked back to his seat. "Don't try to feed me more."

A light smile crept on Lightwood sibling's faces as they picked up their share and sat in their respective places. Clanks and chatter of plates and cutlery echoed as they exchanged meals between them in silence. Nobody knew what to say, as they had no clue at all of how to bring down Kasper.

Watching the beating heart in the air was worse than the most terrifying horror movie Rosette had made him watch. What made it worse was that it could happen to them too if their will to live is stronger, and watching his own heart beat in the air wasn't something Daniel wanted to witness.

As he was about to take a bite out of the toast, a portal opened in the center of the foyer and Rosette walked out, amber eyes glimmering with fear. "Rose!"

Every eye trailed in her direction, shining with hope, especially Alec's. "Rose? What happened? Magnus? Did you find anything?" His chest rose and fell so fast that Daniel worried his heart might leap out.

"Rose? What happened?" Daniel asked when their eyes met. Beneath her human skin, he could notice her bright scales trying to peek out, a hint of serpent pupils forming in those amber ones, and that only happens when she's terrified, truly terrified. Because one thing that's rare for his wife is being scared, she's not the one to fear the unknown, she makes the unknown fear of her.

"Okay, I have news, but it's not great."

"What... what do mean?" Alec's hand trembled as he gripped the chair. "M..Magnus-"

"Is not on earth. Neither are Clary, Max, and the Endarkeneds."

"What!?" The group stood in their place, staring at Rosette wide-eyed. "What do you mean they're not on earth, Rosette? Where else could they be?" Alec asked, voice shaky and weak.