Chapter 28- The Western Air Temple

After a sore defeat in the Fire Nation on the Day of Black Sun, the gang travels to the Western Air Temple for refuge. Appa becomes tired from carrying so many people, so everyone has to walk on foot.

"This is humiliating." Katara speaks.

"Do you mean getting throughly spanked by the Fire Nation or having to walk all the way to the western air temple?" Nico sarcastically says.

"Both." Katara sighs.

"Sorry, guys," Aang says. "But Appa gets tired carrying all these people."

"I wonder how the rest of the troops are." Says the wheelchair boy.

"They're probably on their way to a prison." Said the boy with the weird mustache. "It seems like my dad just got out, now he's going back in."

I'm glad you're back Nico. It's been empty without you." Sokka says.

Nico slightly laughed. "Dude, I hung out with you guys for a couple days."

"We still missed you." Katara said bumping shoulders with Nico.

"Hey, we're here." Toph shouts. "I can feel it."

"Uh, I think your feet need their eyes checked." Nico said looking at basically nothing.

Sokka let out a muffled laugh.

"No, she's right," Aang says. "We are here."

Sokka looked around and only shrugged.

"Wow, it's amazing." Toph gasps.

Nico goes to the end of the cliff as she poked her head under.

"What are you doing, Nico? You're going to fall."
Sokka yells.

"Relax dude," Nico says as she gets up, her sword weighed her body down causing her to almost fall off the cliff.

Someone quickly bended a rock slide, saving Nico.

Nico quickly got up. "Oh my spirits! I think I'm going to have a heart attack. Thank you Toph."

"Wasn't me your highness."

"Then who was it?" Nico asked confused.

The mustache boy gave Nico a small wave. "Me."

"Oh." Nico blushed. "Thanks."

"No problem. Wouldn't want a pretty girl like you to fall to her death." He nervously laughed.

"I'm Nico."

"Haru."

Mhm, Nico thought, that name sounded very familiar. It then clicked, that was the boy who couldn't earthbend in his town.

Sokka interrupted. "Would you guys stop flirting and hop on Appa already?"

Nico rolled her eyes as she and Haru climbed on Appa.

They flew under the cliff and landed in the temple.

"Okay, Toph was right." Nico gasped. "This is beautiful."

"It's so different from the northern air temple." Wheelchair boy said. "I wonder if there are any secret rooms?"

"Let's go check it out." Haru said.

Aang tried to follow after them but was only stopped by Katara. "You guys go I think we need to talk about some things."

Nico slowly followed behind them but was stopped by Sokka.

"You too."

"Why can't I go?" Nico and Aang both whined.

"We need to decide what we're gonna do now. And since you're the Avatar, maybe you should be a part of this." Katara says to Aang.