Chapter 25- Alone in Ember Island

Nico and Zuko decided to stay in ember island for a couple more days, just the two of them...Alone.

Azula and the girls were about to board the boat soon, but not before making sly comments.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do."

"Oooh, what are you gonna name your baby?"

"Can we just leave already?"

"Okay!" Nico shouted annoyed. "We get it, now go." She said, shoving the girls out the door.

Nico slammed the door and sighed. "Finally."

"Yeah," Zuko nervously chuckled. "What do you want to do?"

"Well," Nico said. "I've been thinking."

"I'm listening."

"I don't know it's seems stupid."

"Come on, Nico, just spill it." Zuko said.

"Okay, I want to go visit my beach house."

"How is that stupid?" Zuko asked.

"I don't know, it's just crazy how I haven't been there in so long."

"Okay, let's go."

"Really?" Nico perked up. "We don't have to go, we can just stay here and hang at the beach."

Zuko cupped Nico's cheeks and kissed her lips gently. "You talk too much. Let's go."

Nico playfully slapped Zuko's arm.

"Great because I've already got our stuff packed." She innocently smiled.

❆ ❆ ❆

After about an hour walk, Nico and Zuko had finally arrived at her family beach house.

Nico looked down at the welcome mat in front of the house. She pulled the mat off, revealing a key, which she opened the house door to.

Nico pushed it opened, revealing the beautiful decorated entryway. It looked exactly has how she remembered. Everything was red and gold with a tint of green.

Nico almost shed a tear. She walked up to a portrait, not just an ordinary portrait, her family portrait. Everyone looked so happy and.....alive.

Zuko walked up behind Nico, placing his hand on her shoulder. "I almost forgot how attractive your family is."

Nico sniffled a laugh. "Yeah."

She wiped a tear, quickly changing the subject. "Let's go to a party."

"Noooo." Zuko objected.

"Okay then, how about those ember island plays?"

"Nooo."

"Then what do you want to do? You big baby."

Zuko snaked his arms around Nico neck. "How about I take you on a date?"

Nico blushed. "Mhm. I don't know."

Zuko stuttered. "Oh, s-sorry I- uh thought y-"

Nico laughed. "I'm just teasing."

"Touché." Zuko grumbled.

Nico kissed his nose. "Give me five minutes."

"You mean five hours?" Zuko shouted as she ran away.