Chapter 27- The Day of the Black Sun

Nico approaches Zuko as he was sitting at his desk writing a letter

Zuko looked up from the letter and his mouth had dropped opened.

"Wow, you look stunning. Red looks good on you." He smirked.

Nico smiled. "I might have to get used to it." She winked, sitting on Zuko's lap. "Whatchu writing?"

Zuko tensed up. "It's a farewell letter."

"To whom?" Nico asked.

"Uh, Mai."

"Mai?" Nico questioned, hopping off Zuko's lap.

"What? We left off on bad terms I didn't wan-"

"It's fine," Nico sighs. "No worries."

Zuko smiles as he grabs something from under his bed. "This is for you."

Nico smiled as she witnessed a gorgeous red falchion. "Wow Zuko, I don't even know what to says, it's beautiful. Thank you."

Nico picked up the huge sword and began swinging it around.

Zuko ducked. "Woah, there don't kill me."

Nico smiled dropping the sword and jumping onto Zuko, leaving kisses all over his scar. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," Zuko chuckled. "But get off me; you're heavy." He joked.

Nico laughed jumping off Zuko. "You are such a dork."

"Your dork though, right?"

"My dork." Nico smiled.

Nico noticed a chest on top of Zuko's bed. "What's this?" She said opening the chest to reveal a beautiful picture of Zuko's mother.

"Woah." Nico gasped almost forgetting how beautiful Zuko's mother was.

Zuko kneeled against the bed as Nico joined him, she grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

He began talking to his mother. "I know I've made some bad choices. But today... I'm gonna set things right." He detached his hand from Nico's and grabbed his own dual swords and covered his head with his cloak.

Nico stared at Zuko in awe. Was he really just about to leave her like that. No kiss? No hug? No goodbye?

Zuko could sense Nico's glaring from behind. "What?"

"What?" Nico mimicked. "Are you not going to say goodbye to me?"

"We discussed this last night. You tag along with the avatar and his friends, while I confront my father, follow you guys and then I join the avatar."

"Oh, okay, then bye." Nico sadly sighed.

"I'm just kidding get over here." Zuko said approaching Nico as he gently pressed his lips onto hers. "I love you."