Chapter 54: Tempted

Start from the beginning

Tang Shishi nodded and walked towards the carriage with her thick cloak. Zhao Chengjun accompanied her to the carriage. When she was getting on the carriage, Zhao Chengjun glanced at the shaft and frowned slightly.

Initially, he thought Tang Shishi slipped and fell down accidentally when she got on the carriage. However, the shaft was clean and there was no trace of slipping.

Instead, there was a very flat footprint on the ground, like someone standing on it and kicking it down. Because when someone stepped hard on it, then only it would leave snow marks on the edges.

Zhao Chengjun's eyes narrowed slightly. He silently glanced at Tang Shishi who covered everything calmly. Tang Shishi had three layers on the inside and three layers on the outside. She was not used to so many clothes. In addition, there was snow on the soles of her shoes. She stumbled in just a few steps. When she stepped on the carriage's stool, the horse waited impatiently and took a few steps forward. The whole carriage moved forward. Tang Shishi was about to get on the carriage but her whole body was tilted by inertia and soon fell to the side.

Zhao Chengjun reached out his hand to hold her firmly. Zhao Chengjun stood by Tang Shishi's side, and half of her body fell in his direction. Zhao Chengjun supported her with one hand steadily.

From this angle, it looked like Tang Shishi deliberately threw herself into his arms. Tang Shishi was embarrassed and promptly said, "Wangye, please forgive me. I swear, I didn't mean it."

She spoke while she was trying to get up from Zhao Chengjun. Her arm that just broke away, was suddenly held by another force. Zhao Chengjun held her wrist easily and did not let her leave.

Tang Shishi looked at him in surprise. Without saying a word, Zhao Chengjun put his other hand behind her knee and suddenly picked her up. Tang Shishi suddenly felt weightlessness and gave a short cry. After regained her senses, she quickly covered her mouth.

"Wangye..."

"I know you didn't mean it." Zhao Chengjun's arms were strong and powerful, and Tang Shishi was surrounded by them like an unshakable iron wall. Zhao Chengjun put Tang Shishi on the carriage. Tang Shishi wanted to extend her head out, but Zhao Chengjun restrained her head and pushed her inside the carriage.

"Stay in the carriage carefully." Zhao Chengjun's complexion was calm. His eyes were dark and cold, and there was a faint sharp ripple, "Don't make little tricks again."

Tang Shishi looked into Zhao Chengjun's eyes and was inexplicably afraid to move. After Zhao Chengjun settled her down, he closed the carriage door and walked back to the snow.

He glanced at the coachman vaguely as he passed the carriage.

Tang Shishi has been in Prince Jing's mansion for a long time. She could feel more and more when Zhao Chengjun was joking and when he was serious. The way he spoke just now was very infiltrating and Tang Shishi did not dare to challenge him. So, she immediately stopped fighting and stayed in the carriage obediently to have a rest.

Tang Shishi was really tired, and her fall was genuine. After so long, her lower back was still aching. Tang Shishi suspected that she has bluish-black already. She leaned against the carriage, and the wind was howling outside, but she was strangely relieved.

It seemed that no matter what happened, it would be resolved smoothly. Prince Jing was not far away, and everything would be fine.

Tang Shishi did not know how long she had been waiting. Sure enough, the carriage started to move. Tang Shishi lifted the curtain and asked, "The road is through? This section of the road is not easy to go through. I'll come down immediately to go on foot."