11 {ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ᴋᴇʏ}

When Korean children celebrate their first birthday, they are presented with several objects to choose from which will influence their destiny. Money. Rice. Thread. Pencils...

Toddler Jungkook confuses everyone by picking up a shiny golden key, which no one remembers putting out on the table in the first place.

The party planner apologizes to the parents and suggests they redo the fortune-telling ceremony. Except Jungkook won't choose anything else. He is rather upset the key has vanished and cries until the parents give up on the idea altogether.

When Korean teenagers celebrate their sixteenth birthday, a name appears on their wrist and the quest for their soulmate begins.

Jungkook is giddy at the prospect of finding out who this mysterious Kim Taehyung is, but one week later, horrific news shake the whole country as police reveal a serial killer is on the loose in the South Korean capital. Among his victims, a certain Kim Taehyung.

The Jeon family gets in touch with the Kims and confirms their son has had Jeon Jungkook's name on his wrist for the past two years.

When a soulmate dies, it is common to see their name fade and be replaced by a new one. The Jeons wait patiently for this day which never comes. In fact, the inking is now darker than it's ever been. Jungkook's parents fear their son is haunted by the boy's spirit, but that doesn't faze him. In fact, Jungkook is just as stubborn as the tattoo on his wrist.

He is eighteen now, and does not need his parents approval to find a way to reunite with his missing soulmate. Perhaps the key he picked up when he was one did have a meaning after all.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Another drabble shared on Twitter, based on a Word Search game by the Taekook Soulmate Fest.

Here are the trope and theme I found: