2

JK's friends just wanted a good laugh, which is why they set him up for an interview for a job as a personal cook. Jungkook shows up early, finding it a little odd of his potential future employer to conduct this interview in a cafe. Oh well. Better not question such unusual choice.

The man arrives and damn, he's fine. Jungkook gets up, shakes his hand, and to prevent himself from stuttering too much, recites his whole resume in one go, highlighting his time at the Cordon Bleu, and concluding with a list of some of the dishes he does best.

Taehyung looks at him with big round eyes. "Wow. I hope you don't expect me to do the same. I did not rehearse anything before coming."

"Of course not. Why would you?"

Taehyung chuckles awkwardly. What does Jungkook mean by that?

"So, do you have any questions for me?" Jungkook asks.

"I think you've pretty much covered everything, except for the colour of your underwear."

Jungkook gulps, finding the remark highly inappropriate. "I'm sorry?"

"Right. We're not there yet." Taehyung sips on his coffee, trying to buy some time before he can decide what to make of the young man sitting in front of him. Sure, he's attractive. And a little odd. But does he mind odd?

Taehyung decides he doesn't. In fact, he's a little peculiar himself— according to some. He wants to give the guy a chance, and opts for small talk. "So, have you been on a lot of those before?"

"Plenty. The market is not what it used to be. Nothing lasts these days."

Oh.

"I'd like to find something stable for once. Something that would allow me to plan for the future, you see."

Ah. Yes. Taehyung sees. And he decides that he likes what he sees.

"Where do you see yourself in three years then?"

"Well, if this works out, I'm hoping I can get a loan at some point, to start my own restaurant."

Wow. This guy is really career-driven. Taehyung smiles at his earnestness. "By the way, Jungkook, do you have any questions for me?"

"Yes, I do. Since my friend set up this appointment, he didn't give any information regarding salary, days off, sick leave or the like."

"Salary-? What-?"

Something clicks in Taehyung's mind. He must have sat down at the wrong table. Looking around the cafe, he searches for someone looking like they're waiting for their blind date to show up. But everyone else is either with somebody or getting take-out.

Looking back at Jungkook, he is reminded of the fact that this man is simply too pretty to be left alone. Besides, whoever was supposed to show up to interview him is obviously late. He doesn't see any harm is keeping this boy company for a little while longer.

Except the little while turns into a whole hour.

When they part, Taehyung promises to get back in touch with him shortly.

Jungkook waits three whole days before giving him a call. "It's me. Jungkook. I haven't heard from you so I thought I'd check in. Did you find someone else for the job?"

Taehyung doesn't have the heart to turn him down. "It's a yes."

"Great! When do I start?"

Taehyung's heart is all fluttery when he says, "you can start dating me asap."

"Date-? What?"

Taehyung is on the phone right now. Which means he isn't distracted by Jungkook cute mole under his lips. He decides it's time to man up and finally confesses that the day they met, he was there on a blind date.

Oh.

Confusion. Shame. Anger. Bafflement. Jungkook doesn't know how to feel. Or rather, he feels all those things at once before finally settling on embarrassed annoyance. "I'll have my friend's head on a spike."

"If that's a real skill of yours, I would advise against advertising it on your resume."

Jungkook laughs. And on top of that, he has an idea on how to get back at his friend. "Taehyung, can you ask me again?"

"Jungkook, do you want to go on a date with me?"

"I'd love too."

Turns out Taehyung is everything he's ever looked for in a boyfriend. And more. They are so sweetly cute around each other all the time he makes his friends shiver with disgust.

Of course they do it on purpose. Of course they laugh about it afterwards, in the privacy of their home. Because yes, of course, they're an item now and Jungkook wouldn't have it any other way.

Giving credit where credit is due: thank you ThaFantasticFoursome (♥) for the prompt which was as follows: "Write about a first date that surprises both people, but in different ways."