9 {ʙᴏᴜɴᴄᴇ}

Jungkook has just started a new job as a bouncer at the Arena, one of Gangnam's most select club. Taehyung is a university student who's never lost a bet. Until now that is. He needs to get inside the exclusive venue and take a selfie on the dance floor. Except JK won't allow him entry because he received very specific instructions: hot girls or famous idols only.

Taehyung is doing his best to woo the doorman he finds downright sexy, to no avail. "I'll be real quick. In and out. I promise."

"Sir, please leave. You are causing a disturbance."

"No, I'm not. I'm entertaining the people waiting in line." Parting his mouth slightly and rolling his tongue inside it, he whispers, "I could entertain you, if you let me."

Jungkook's never been hit on by such a flirt before. Sure, the guy is cute, but he's not gonna tell him that because he's trying to be professional and all.

"You'd be female I'd let you right in," is the only clue he gives out.

Taehyung takes the hint and the following Saturday, he calls up his friend Park Jimin, who studies dance but also shoots make-up tutorials. He agrees to the makeover on one condition: he gets to film the whole thing and upload it on his channel. Taehyung shakes on it.

Later on that evening, he arrives at the Arena looking like this:

Jungkook doesn't recognize him and let's him walk in, no questions asked

Jungkook doesn't recognize him and let's him walk in, no questions asked. He does have a nagging feeling that the girl seemed somewhat familiar. Yet despite his best efforts, he can't figure out where he's seen her before.

He hopes to catch sight of cutie again, but the pretty boy doesn't show up. Jungkook cannot understand where the disappointment comes from and tries to brush it off. Except next Saturday, he finds himself hoping once more. However, cute boy appears to have vanished from Seoul's night life.

In the meantime, Jimin's makeover video goes viral. At the end of it, he brags about the fact that he succeeded in getting his friend into the very exclusive Arena club and consequently, Jungkook almost loses his job. The manager shows him the clip, and sure enough, there are selfies of the trickster seemingly having the time of his life, dancing among Seoul's best-looking crowd. Jungkook can't believe he's being blamed for a mistake anyone would have made because honestly, the boy looked nothing like one. "What would you have me do?" he asks, a little exasperated. "Pat all female guests down to make sure they don't have a dick between their legs? I mean come on!"

The boss ends up letting him go with a warning this time.

That evening, he watches the whole video and notices the way viewers rave about the makeover being an absolute success given the fact that Jimin had so little to work with.

WHAT?! ARE THEY BLIND OR WHAT?!

This pathetic display of poor judgement riles him up enough to comment under Jimin's video something along the lines of "please don't show up at the Arena again. I'd like to keep my job thank you very much. PS: I'm gonna get so much hate for this but here's my honest (and unpopular) opinion: you're a gorgeous boy"

He doesn't know why he had the urge to tell Taehyung (as mentioned by Jimin in his video) how he felt about his looks but oh well. It's off his chest now. Before the hate starts flooding, he quickly logs off.

Next Saturday, he catches a few men who were 'trying to pull off a Taehyung' as they called it. Except none of them had cutie's flawless complexion. Jungkook sighs. Did Taehyung really make his job twice as hard?

His shift is almost over when he sees him standing there, a little antsy, bouncing on the heels of his feet. He's not wearing a skirt this time, and Jungkook is thankful. Slim black ripped jeans look good on him. "Hey."

"Hey."

"Are you trying to get in? Because I'm not making the same mistake again."

Taehyung giggles and Jungkook is smitten. "No," replies the boy. "I came to see you."

"Oh."

"So. You think I'm gorgeous?"

It is Jungkook's turn to smile. Glancing at his watch, he says "I'll be off of work in five. If you can wait for me until then, I'll tell you exactly just how beautiful I think you are."

Taehyung waits. Of course he does. And Jungkook makes it very much worth it.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I do not own the edit. Credit goes to rightful owner.

This drabble is dedicated to Rani (ThaFantasticFoursome) who published it in her vkook authors unite book of one-shots. I owe her my discovery of the wonderland that is Taekook fanfiction!