Chapter 47: Out of Favor

Start from the beginning

Tang Shishi accepted Granny Wu's praise with a guilty conscience and said, "Granny's praise is absurd. I just did what I should do."

Granny Wu's eyes were full of admiration, and she was quite impressed with Tang Shishi. She said, "I originally thought that a beautiful woman like you was most likely to be bewitched by the royal power and wealth. I didn't expect you to be clear-headed. On the contrary, Zhou Shunhua, who was born from a court official family, was fascinated. I have already checked on Zhou Shunhua's affairs, including what she has done during this time, I know everything clearly. When a man is caught in a whirlpool of emotions, he can still get out of it but once a woman falls in love with a man, she can't help herself. It's a pity, she is obviously such a smart person."

There was no regret in Granny Wu's words. Tang Shishi felt that things were a bit beyond her control. She did not dare to express her position rashly and asked tentatively, "Granny, you mean..."

"She can't stay." Without blinking her eyes, Granny Wu said very ruthlessly, "As a chess piece, she fell in love with Prince Jing's Shizi and tried to live with him forever. A chess piece who has forgotten her identity is not qualified to stay on the chessboard."

Tang Shishi was silent. She knew that Granny Wu was suspicious of Zhou Shunhua, which was clearly what she wanted to see most. However, when she got to this point, Tang Shishi only felt chills.

It may be a bit hypocritical to say that the stakes were closely related, but Tang Shishi could not help but feel sad about it. Zhou Shunhua was the legitimate daughter of the court official and Tang Shishi, more so, a merchant girl with no background looked like an ant in the eyes of those big people. Would not she be crushed to death if they said so?

The power of life and death was in the hand of others. Poor those ten beauties who were still scheming each other. Little did they know, they were just meat on other people's cutting board.

Perhaps seeing that Tang Shishi's expression was not good, Granny Wu changed the way she spoke and said, "Don't worry, Empress Dowager is a person who distinguishes between rewards and punishments. As long as you don't have two hearts like those women, Empress Dowager will not treat you badly. Zhou Shunhua has already been abandoned. Once a woman gives birth to love, she is completely hopeless. However, Shizi is very interested in her, and it's rare to arrange a woman inside the Prince Jing mansion. So, just let her be for now. When Empress Dowager gets the news she wants, she can disappear."

Tang Shishi bowed her head and said, "This little girl is at the mercy of granny."

"Get up." Granny Wu personally helped Tang Shishi up and said, "You stay with Prince Jing for the time being and don't act rashly. Prince Jing is not an easy person to get close to, only a few people can get his trust. Now, you are making good progress. Keep it up and don't worry so as not to ruin the bigger picture. The medicine I gave you last time should be with you all the time. If Prince Jing found out, swallow the medicine immediately, so you can walk innocently. As for the other women... You only need to do your own thing and don't care about them. No matter how much disturbances they caused, they'll never surpass you."

Tang Shishi breathed a sigh of relief silently. Granny Wu and Empress Dowager Yao still seemed to trust her very much. This was a good sign. Tang Shishi lowered her head and said, "Thank you, Empress Dowager. Thank you, granny. This little girl always remembers granny's guidance and will not let granny and the Empress Dowager down."

"Good child." Granny Wu praised and said, "You go back quickly, don't let Prince Jing's people be suspicious of you."

"Yes."

Tang Shishi responded and stepped back slowly. After she came out from the shade among the trees, she looked back and saw there was still a figure under the tree.