Stargazing and a Wish

JUST BACKSCENE FOR THE AFTERMATH OF ALATUS

You returned to Wangshu Inn with Aether and the seelies just to ask Verr Goldet about Starsnatcher and of course, he left the Sigil of Permission along with a letter. You kept the letter, not even going to bother reading it now. "You know, I was wondering why are you bringing us back to Liyue." Aether suddenly stated as you looked at him.

You remember clearly that you told him why but probably he had forgotten. "Well, I think I have told you this but I want to see the Lantern Rite. I always wanted to join lantern-based festival like this. And I heard that Lantern Rite can make your wish come true and there will be a lot of delicious foods also, there will be fireworks. After all the fireworks were made by Y- I mean the best firework maker in the world!" He looked at how excited you were when talked about.

Which is rare if he had to be honest and which put a smile on his face. "Well that does sound interesting." He said but he kinda wished that he was going there alone and it won't happen because the goddamn 3 men and a floating child seems to be really attached with you.

And so began the awkward silence cause you two not sure what else to talk about. You tried thinking of something to talk about but somewhat you just realized something. "I feel like this is the first time we have this time alone with just us two right?" You asked out of the blue which had him taken by surprise.

"Aah, now that you mentioned it, this is the first." He answered as he rubbed his neck. It does feel a bit awkward without Paimon constantly keeping up the conversation though you, however, have a different things to do.

"Say, let's stargaze together and sleep outdoor. Just the two of us." You said with a smile. After all, you wanted to hang out with him more.

Aether gave you a soft look before nodding. "Sure."

_____________________________________________________________

You chose a place for you to watch the stars around Stone Gate and you set up the camp for the stargaze. While you set up, he took the leisure to make some hot chocolate for you two drink. You and him began to sit next to each other as he handed you a cup of hot chocolate. "Here." He said as you took the hot chocolate and thanked him for it.

You took a sip of the drink and the hot chocolate totally suit your taste also the fact that his hot chocolate tasted much more better than you ever tasted except the lack of marshmallow. You don't even know if marshmallow exist in this world. "This taste really good, I would actually drink this every night if you make it." You complimented him before he chuckled.

"I'm glad that you love it and sure. I'll make it for you." He said with a smile and seeing that smile of him just making you want to pull out a ring, just asking him to marry you. But you do not have one and you are well aware that you probably could create it with your Geo power though you have no idea how to.

You two began to fall silent with you who began to be entranced by the beauty of the stars while Aether who only glancing at your face every few seconds. It does bring him to wonder why you like stars so much. It probably won't hurt to ask, right? He thought as he took a deep breath and turned to you fully. "I have a question... Why you love stars so much?" He asked as you smiled, did not part your eyes from the sky.

"Well, I guess half of it reminded me of my sister back on earth. Back then, only she and my grandmother who had taken care of me since I was a child, ironically almost like every dramatic fanfiction reader, I have the worst parents. I rather not talk about them but every time I look at the stars, I always reminded by my sister's word. 'Remember that whenever the world has become dark, that's the only time where you can see the stars that has went through all kind of hardship shining brightly and one day, you'll shine like them.' Despite how cringy she sounded when she said that, she made my day that time. I hate that someone like her who annoyed me most of the time is the one I miss the most." You said still keep a smile but your eyes were completely looked like they were on a verge on tears as he stayed silent.

This side of you were fragile and he could feel that if he were to hold your heart and if he isn't careful, it will break into different pieces. He realized how similar you were with him. You were separated from your sister but unlike him who could go through world and world and was separated by god, you were brought here forcefully. You did not even give the choice yes or no, you just brought here and you probably had no idea to return back.

"Say... When someone suddenly said to you that you belong here and it turns out that the whole family you grew up with was just temporary, here you are being forced to find your true family, the family that you had no memory of, how would it feel to you?" You asked him, he wasn't sure how to answer it. The expression on your face despite it was a smile, it looked so sad.

His body reacted on his own and hugged you tightly. Not giving you an answer. "I'm sorry that you have to go through this." His voice were tender, the cup from your hand fell out from your hand before you hugged him back.

"I don't know why but when I suddenly remember about my sister, the thought of being away from her probably forever hurts me." Your voice cracked as tears streamed down from your eyes. "Is it bad that I don't want to leave here but I want her here?" You asked him as he stayed silent. Not sure what to answer you.

He just patted your head as you began to cry on his shoulder. "I'm sorry that you have to see this pathetic side of me but can I just ask you to hug me like this until I fall asleep?" You asked him as he hummed.

"It's okay, I'll be here for you, angel." You just let out a deep breath while you listening to his heartbeats, slowly feeling yourself getting drowsy and you can't get enough of his scent. Being in his arms with his scent is the most comfortable thing about him.

TO BE CONTINUED ON THE ORIGINAL ADDICTED

Author Note:

Nightly feels be like. I just wish I could just draw Aether and Y/N hugging but my fingers gave up. It does not make any better that most of my fingers are plastered because of my dumbass getting papercut. Anyways, this is just a backstory and I hope you enjoy.

Addicted but Scenarios instead | GenshinOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara