I exhale through my nose and just shrug. There's really no way that I can hide my feelings from her because somehow she always sees right through me.

"I'm just...overwhelmed right now. I'm sure it'll pass."

"Well I wish I was there to comfort you. Do you have any idea why you're overwhelmed?"

I lean against the backrest of the couch, my hair fanning over the cushions behind me. "I don't know. Maybe I'm just stressed over the whole painting thing. I haven't heard anything back yet."

Also, Zayn and his friends are hiding something from me and I have no idea what it is...

"You're talented, El. You'll get in." she tries to reassure me.

I just nod in hopefulness, looking at her through the screen. I notice how it's dark in whatever room she's in, and I can only really see her face from the phone light.

"Where are you?" I question.

"Denver." she immediately answers, quick and short.

I furrow my brows. "Yeah, but where? That doesn't look like your room."

The camera shifts a bit as she moves a little. "I'm in my guest bedroom. Wifi's better in here."

"Ah." I nod, still a little confused over her tone but I'm positive that it's nothing. "How was your road trip?" I ask out of curiosity.

"My road trip?"

I tilt my head. "Yeah, the one you went on with your college friends?" my voice slows down with confusion. I swear she told me about some trip she took.

"Oh! Oh, yeah...right. Sorry, it was good! Really good..It was a bunch of friends from my computer science class."

As I go to answer, I suddenly hear the faint noise of the front doors unlocking from across the house. Harry's back.

"Hey, I'm really sorry, but I've gotta go." I tell her. "I can call you back tomorrow or something."

"I'll call you. Bye, love you."

"Love you too." I murmur as we hang up right as Harry walks through the doors.

We make eye contact from across the villa. He's got a few bags in his hands that he immediately sets down by the door. Sunglasses sit over his eyes but I can tell that he's giving me a look of judgement.

"Where were you?" I ask.

He walks past me and into the kitchen, tossing his car keys down onto the marble counter.

"Getting some things." he says passively as he opens the fridge and retrieves a water bottle. "What were you just doing?"

I look back to the couch, then at him. "I was calling my friend."

He takes the cap off of the water and brings the bottle to his mouth. "Denver friend?" he questions before taking a sip.

I nod. "Denver friend."