Part 8. August

August and his mom sat under a tree in the courtyard at Hillerska. The two watched other families met up with each other including the queen and the prince.

"I'm so glad all is forgiven after what happened last year."

"All isn't forgive. I messed up and I can't ever take what I did back."

"I know but we're invited to royal ceremonies. That's a good sign."

"We we're invited on accident mom."

"Oh I see."

"Can we not talk about it."

"August listen to me. After what you did I'm surprised the queen didn't have you arrested. She had every right to do it. What you did was unacceptable."

"I know mom!"

"Let me finish. What you did was unacceptable but I can see you're really sorry. Sometimes we make bad mistakes but that doesn't make us bad people. If we don't learn from our mistakes and apologize then we are bad people. Just promise me though that you won't do something like that ever again."

"I promise mom."

"Good."

"Next time the queen won't be so forgiving."

"You can call her Kristina."

"No she said we can no longer call her that. We must address her as the queen."

"I'm sorry."

"I know honey."

Later that morning August took his mom around the school. He took her around to all of his favorite spots. The morning was going great until they pumped into the queen.

"Hey Wilhelm! Hey Kristina!"

"You must address me as your majesty."

August looked like he's been stung by a bee. The queens voice was cold and harsh. She wanted this conversation to be over just as quickly as he did.

"Your ma majesty."

"That is better."

"Now this weekend just because you were invited doesn't mean anything has changed."

"I know."

"You are a disgrace to your family and a disgrace to the nation."

"I'm sorry."

"Your apologizes have been noted. Don't disappoint me anymore than you already have."

Kristina and Wilhelm turned to the door to leave. August wanted to say something but he couldn't speak. He was about to speak but then they were gone.

"Mom."

"I know August. Promise me though you won't make anymore mistakes."

"I already told you I wouldn't."

"You said that but then to kissed the boy the prince is dating."

"His name is Simon."

"HOW IS THAT RELEVANT!"

"Sorry."

"Stop saying sorry."

August and his mom sat in silence for awhile. The rest of the morning was extremely awkward. They didn't talk much the rest of the day.

August sat in the dining room looking at how happy everyone was. Sara, Alex, and Felice just walked in. Alexander sat next to Walter. He hated it. August wanted all of Wilhelm's friends to disappear. He wanted to be the closest ally.

He saw Simon and Wilhelm holding hands. He was disgusted a king should marry a queen. What Wilhelm was doing was wrong. It was all wrong.

August sat there defeated. He knew he failed. He tilted his head down and rested his head in his hands. August sat there crying in his seat.