《T W E N T Y - F I V E》

《CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE》

《WARNINGS: HEAVY ANGST》

          SOME PEOPLE SAY that the unfairness in life teaches you a lesson.

That everything that is happening to you is for a reason. That for some stupid fucking reason, you are being put through this pain and torture for a reason. And you would think that going through everything would bring a better outcome, right? That’s just how it worked. A double negative makes a positive. 

Somewhere deep within her mind, Y/n had also believed this. Her mother had always taught her that what goes around comes around. But what could she have done to deserve this? She couldn’t wrap her head around it, and it was beginning to consume her. 

She thought her pain would end when she had murdered Rokuro for the umpteenth time, and kept him dead. She thought that it would end when she killed the man who started it all.

She thought that she would live happier. She married the only person she’d ever loved. The only person she could let her guard down around, and feel safe, knowing he’d never let anything happen to her.

She had a daughter, sweet little Sora. Who cried for her Mama when she had been away for a while. Who clung to her father with the brightest smile.

Her students, who looked at her for guidance. Whom in which she entrusted the very thing that had made her who she was in the first place.

Her brother, who had always been there for her. He saved her more times than she could count on her hands. 

So why was this happening to her? What could she have done to deserve any of this? It started when she was just a baby, when she didn’t even know how to feed or walk by herself. 

Now, she knows. The reason for everything is standing right across from her. She’s almost face-to-face with it, trembling in fear. 

It was because Neoma was jealous of her younger sister’s natural-born gift. The attention shifted away from her, and she hated it. So she did everything so stupidly in order to get the attention back onto her. And when she reached her peak, she was too reckless and paid for it with her life. And because of that, Y/n felt the effects. 

It wasn’t fair to her. She hardly even knew the woman. So why should she be the one to suffer from it? Why couldn’t it have been her?

She claims to know what that kind of pain feels like, but does she really? She knew what it was like to have a loving father. She knew what it was like to be free of her own will. She knew what it was like to find something that made her happy and keep it. 

The undeniable rage that was rising in her was growing rapidly. Rather than trembling with fear, she trembled with anger. Her wide eyes slowly fell slack before narrowing into thin slits. She felt the slightly unfamiliar tingling sensation on her tongue and felt the hot marks crawling across her cheeks.