《E L E V E N》

《CHAPTER ELEVEN》

《CHAPTER ELEVEN》

《WARNINGS: NONE》

      "NII-SAN! I’m home!”

The small girl skipped down the hall, briefly tapping her little hand onto the wooden part of the door. She slid it open, calling out for her brother once more. However, the bright smile on her face slowly faded, replaced with a small frown. 

“Nii-san?” She asked. “Why’re you crying?”

She sauntered into the room, climbing up onto his bed. She crawled across the black sheets, peering at her older brother. His legs were pulled into his chest, face buried between his knees. His hands were over his head, and his shoulders shook with quiet sobs. 

“Shota-nii?” She said, tapping his arms. She poked her head under his arms. “What’s wrong?”

“Y/n,” A voice called out. The girl turned, spotting her mother standing in the doorway. Her eyebrows were furrowed, a frown on her face. 

“Mama, Shota-nii is crying!” She said. 

“Leave him be,” The older woman stated. “Go play outside. Satoru is on his way.”

“B-But--”

“No buts,” She said. “Go.”

Reluctantly, the h/c girl slid off the bed. She glanced back at her brother, concern on her face before doing as her mother ordered. When she was down the hall, the older woman walked inside, sliding the door shut. She sat on the edge of the bed, placing a hand on the teen boy’s arm. 

“Shota,”

He raised his head. His cheeks were stained with tears, eyes red and puffy from crying. Juno reached forward, placing a gentle hand on his cheek. He leaned into her touch, closing his eyes as she wiped his cheeks with her sleeve on her kimono.

“I miss her, Okaasan,” He whimpered. 

“I know,” She sighed. “I’m sorry, Shota.”

“I-I tried not to cry b-because of Y/n, b-but…”

“You don’t have to bottle it in, Shota,” The woman said. “Especially not for Y/n. She knows that Neoma is gone, but she’s too young to even really remember her. Not to mention what happened between them. She has very vivid memories of your elder sister.”

“I-It hurts,” He sobbed. “I want her back, Okaasan.”

The older woman released a breath through her nose. She leaned forward, wrapping the boy in her arms. He leaned against her, burying his face into her shoulder.