《T W E N T Y - T H R E E》

《CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE》

《WARNINGS: SLIGHT MANGA SPOILERS FOR GOJO'S PAST ARC, AND THE EVENTS AFTER SHIBUYA》

      THE SOFT TAPS FROM the bottom of her shoes hitting the tiled floor were the only sound she could hear. The school was dead silent, the rest of the students and teachers fast asleep in the late night. She, however, was set to do something other than, despite her want to stay in bed.

She stopped in front of a set of double red doors. Pushing the doors open, her gaze fell upon the mass of twisted trees below her. She jumped down, the wind racing up under her. She landed on the ground silently, moving a branch away as she began to walk forward. 

Once she had walked from the mass of trees, she could see the warehouse-type building. Lifting the bottom, she raised it just enough for her to slip under before closing it back gently, so as to not make a loud racket. Her eyes immediately adjusted to the darkness, allowing her to find the elevator easily. 

She stepped onto the grated flooring, sliding the door closed with a clang. She folded her arms over her chest as it jerked into motion, watching the floors pass by. After a few minutes, the elevator stopped, and the gate opened with a click. She pushed it aside and stepped off. 

She looked down at the stone floors, illuminated by the torches lining the walls. Her chest tightened at the bloodstains on the ground. 

Geto! Geto, where are you?!”

She ran forward, sliding onto her knees to avoid the closing gate. She immediately got back to her feet, breaking into a sprint. Her eyes scanned around the room as she began to slow her pace. Her breath hitched in her throat at the lifeless body in front of her. 

“Amanai!” She exclaimed, running towards her. She knelt down, her eyes widening at the hole in the girl’s forehead. She shakily placed two fingers to her neck, hoping deep down she’d feel the girl’s pulse. She didn’t.

Fear swirled inside of her. She glanced back at the girl before getting back to her feet, running forward. 

“Suguru!”

She passed through the archway, pushing the past memories aside. She didn’t come here to mourn what happened 11 years ago. She was here for a very different reason. 

She walked into the blank room. She squinted her eyes slightly, adjusting to the amount of white surrounding her. Her steps halted as she slid her hands into her pockets. 

“Alright,” She said, her voice swirling around her. “Why did you summon me, Master Tengen?”

“The child with the Devil’s Eyes,” She heard, making her turn around. “Gojo Y/n.”

Her lips turned into a frown. She recognized Tengen from her encounters with him before, for the Star Plasma Vessel...but this other man….she’d never seen him before. And that presence that surrounded him..he was a death womb painting.