VI

06

____
"because i care."

hyunjin clenched his fists in order for him to resist the urge to say those words. he quickly thought of an excuse, "y-you were crying earlier and i heard ice cream cheers you up so.."

the car came to a stop as hyunjin pulled back the gear and undid his seatbelt to slip out of his seat in a jiffy to open the door for seungmin.

when he did, he saw seungmin frozen in his position, staring up at him as if he was still trying to process what he had said earlier.

he stood there awkwardly, waiting for the younger to step out. he cleared his throat uncomfortably which made seungmin flinch and snap out of his trance.

"are you gonna come or not?" hyunjin asked, his pupils looking at every other thing except seungmin's eyes.

"o-oh yeah, sorry.." seungmin flushed in embarrassment and quickly exited the vehicle.

they walked side by side, their shoulders barely touching as both their eyes were attached to the ground.

again, awkward silence filled the air.

only this time, seungmin was actually busy questioning why and how hyunjin knew ice cream always cheered him up. he felt the need to be anxious speaking to hyunjin now, scared if he knew more than just his depressed reflexes.

thoughts were overflowing his brain, making him barely notice on to what hyunjin said.

before he had the chance to ask hyunjin to repeat his sentence, his hand was yanked towards his direction.

he yelped and squeezed his eyes shut, assuming he'd hit the concrete floor and bruise himself. instead he felt as though he leaned on something that saved him from a hard fall.

his eyes fluttered open, to be met with hyunjin's eyes that were brown, dusty and mysterious.

they were too attracting to even glance away for a second, so he stayed in the position; his hands resting on hyunjin's chest, lightly tucking on the shirts material as he gazed upon those deep gigantic dilating pupils

hyunjin panicked. he felt the males stare quite intriguing but what's worse was that his own eyes couldn't focus on the younger's and always glanced down to his lips.

those pouty, chapped and kissable lips that he sometimes cursed himself for looking that way.

he's in a relationship. the best one he could ever ask for. yet he couldn't resist those pouted pink lips.

the loud sound of a bell jingling made them jerk up alertly. seungmin taking his hands on himself once again and hyunjin awkwardly looking away at the cause of the noise.

it was the bell from the ice cream parlor. it rung a soft bell attached at the top of the glass doors that indicated any customers leaving or entering.

hyunjin felt stupid and so did seungmin, both trying to ignore the fact that they admired each other for a good five minutes there.

hyunjin opened the door to the parlor for them to get inside and had seungmin enter first. he followed behind him right after.

they approached the counter and look up to the employee that was brightly smiling when he spotted seungmin being one of them.

hyunjin patted seungmin's back before whispering to him; "you go ahead and get whatever you want. i'll be waiting outside." he informed earning a nod from seungmin.
"call me when it's time to pay alright?"

"mhm!". seungmin watched as hyunjin walked back outside towards where their car was parked. he noticed how hyunjin had pulled the pack of smoke out again and was probably looking for a lighter in his pockets.

his eyes squinted, "why does he even smoke? does he not care about his health or anything?"

"who's that? your boyfriend?"

seungmin turned his head around to face chan that had a smirk on plastered on his face when he said that.

(barista chan omggg)

"bodyguard actually." he corrected. "i'll take the mint choco." he said, referring to the ice cream flavor he desired.

"bodyguard?" chan questioned while scooping the mint flavored ice cream into a small, cone, "why do you need a bodyguard?"

"my dads being a bitch and doesn't trust me so he hired someone my age to take care of me." seungmin scoffed.

"damn, he's kinda hot though. are you sure you can't make him your sugar daddy?" chan asked, eyeing the male outside as he handed the male his cone.

seungmin casually took the ice cream from him and said; "calm down chan, it's literally his first day on the job. and besides, looks aren't everything. he might seem like an angel but his personality is so shitty."

"how do you know?" chan questioned, honestly curious on how seungmin acted as if he knew everything about him.

"ever since his been here everything is just going wrong." seungmin frustrated. biting into the ice cold mint flavored ice cream.

"really?" chan asked, now crossing his arms and facing seungmin this time, "are you sure it's just not you who is being mean to him because your father doesn't trust you?"

seungmin stopped licking his ice cream for a moment.

there was no way he could lie to chan. chan was his childhood bestfriend. he used to visit the exact ice cream shop and the two even developed a friendship all because of their shared love towards ice cream. lucky for chan, he grew and adopted a job there. seungmin visited every now and then for both reasons; to meet chan and to satisfy his love for ice cream.

he started licking his ice cream again, "you know me too well" me muttered in between.

chan chuckled at the male and continued wiping the counters.

.

"and then i saw this weird ass person who was wearing knee high socks that were mismatched and—"

"hey seungmin, are you done?". seungmin stopped midway through his sentence to face hyunjin who was impatiently tapping on his feet when he entered the shop.

he glanced at the clock attached on the cafè and noticed how it had already been 2 hours since he was there.

"dad is gonna be so mad.." he thought. "ah yeah. i'll get going now chan. i don't wanna get screwed by my dad this late. i'll continue the story later hm?"

chan nodded, waving the younger off, "bye seungmin, rest well and get yourself a man please!"

seungmin yelled back, "i'm trying!"

chan chuckled once the male finally was out of his view.

seungmin quickly got into his seat, watching as hyunjin impatiently buckled his seatbelt and started the car.

he gulped nervously, "s-sorry i took so long." he admitted, too shy to look up at hyunjin now.

"it's fine." hyunjin sighed. "and don't worry about your father. he knows your with me."

seungmin breathed out the breath he didn't know he was holding in. "thanks." he muttered, now feeling a little calmed down.

"i just hope you feel better now.."
.
.
.