And now, I was in a clash with myself. A war with my morale and rationality.

Yet, I wanted to be the better version of myself.

My eyes drifted to the window seal, droplets of rain covering my face.

Ares, if I get better, would I be good enough for you? Would I be someone who would not second guess herself?

My eyes followed a droplet of rain that trembled and rolled down the wooden seal.

Ares, if I could be normal would it be finally over?

This was my only chance to get better, my only chance, I think I would ever get. A chance to live without having to face my nightmares. A chance to fight against the destiny that was surely determined for me.

Would I be finally able to accept myself as I am?

Goosebumps arose over my skin. Never in my life had I taken anyone's help. I was always a fighter, I fought and fought and fought.

I chased my destiny until my legs gave up and I couldn't anymore, that was when my demons caught up with me.

Trusting Archer to help me fight this one battle? Yeah, it sounded pretty ridiculous.

My eyes blurred, my shoulders slumped as the clock ticked.

I was always a fighter and I intended to fight my demons and for Ares.

Be it at the cost of my morality, perhaps I was shameless.

The first call was declined immediately. Maybe he was busy.

My eyes trembled, heart throbbed as I looked out at the road in the distance.

Ares was the first fight I wanted to win more than anything else, be it at the cost of my morality.

The second call was made ten minutes later, it was picked up after ringing for 12 seconds.

A battle of morality and rationality was never this easy, but for Ares I would sacrifice my pride. Just this once.

"Archer, does the offer still stand?"

____________________________

A drop of rain fell on my forehead. I grunted at the cool feeling, looking up at the sky. The rain had stopped long ago. I sighed, closing my umbrella.

My mind was a jumbled mess, especially now, as I walked through the sloppy roads. Especially now as I walked to the office of my new therapist.

I shook my head, trying to get rid of the prickly feeling that rose in my bones.

Archer was pretty quick to respond, although his voice didn't hold the usual mirth he had.

My fists clenched as the numbing feeling of betraying someone weighed down on me. I betrayed his trust, the only friend I ever managed to make.

My teeth gnawed at my lips as I took a long breath and strode through the solemn road, a breeze of air whooshing past me.

I very much doubted if he could ever forgive me or his brother, but I was more at fault here. I should have been more responsible.

But do I regret it? No. Some faults, although they are not justified, can not be regretted no matter what.

Some mistakes, although ugly, still brought something beautiful along with it.

Was this mistake worth my only friend?

Good grief, Adrianna! Should have thought of it before committing it!